Color Theme

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2015-05-05 04:10:42

The black color theme of pixelmator looks very sophisticated. However, it's very confusing with my usual dark desktop and makes working with the program awkward.
Is there any way to change the blacks in the palette to e.g. a light grey (or any other color)?

2015-05-05 14:54:22

Hart7,

Unfortunately, there's no way to change the color of the interface right now. However, this is on our feature request list, so I'm adding your voice as well!

2015-05-17 06:51:29

hallo,
es wäre super, wenn mann den schwarzen Hintergrund ändern könnte.
zudem ist die schriftfalbe noch in grau, was es noch schwer macht.
diese müsste einen besseren Kontrast haben.

hello,
It would be great if the art could change the black background.
In addition, the font color or in gray, making it even more difficult.
this would have a better contrast.

2015-05-18 18:45:44

i agree. I love the black scheme, in that it looks cool! but when it comes to using it on a regular basis.... it can be a bit confusing. It's hard to see where the edges of the floating windows are etc.

I'm not saying ditch black, but maybe a way for the user to adjust it would be good.

I'd also love to have the ability to change the background colour in full screen mode. At the moment it's very (VERY) dark grey. Would like to make that a bit lighter so the tool bar has more contrast against it etc.

2015-05-25 00:53:02

Some UI colour options would be great, but as long as we get to keep the black theme! It's really easy on the eyes, and means the image takes centre stage.

2016-03-04 17:45:10

I would like to be made aware of when this feature is ready too please. Black is too confusing to my eyes with the rest of my desktop

2016-12-21 04:22:58

+1 for the ability to changethe UI color to tones of grey. Please.

2017-01-04 16:55:55

Please add this feature, I love Pixelmator - but I cannot recommend the theme -- it makes it look like an outdated app and it is NOT easy on my eyes...

2018-06-21 14:32:11

Wow, 3 years and still this is not a feature with so many asking for it? Add my voice too please, this really needs to have a lighter color theme choice and much better (clearer colored) text on the app. Also contrast between tabs of images would be extremely helpful since the only change is the text color changing from grey to white. Very hard to discern where each image tab starts/ends etc. The old Pixelmator (not Pro version) that I was using prior to this had a lighter grey color for the focused tab. That was much nicer than keeping them all the same color with absolutely no discernible differences between them such as the lines separating each tab and so on.

2018-11-24 04:43:15

I have been using Photoshop Elements for quite a few years but am now unable to install it on my new Mac with Mojave. I have Pixelmator on trial and it looks as though it could be a suitable replacement for PSE. However I am finding it very difficult to work with due to the black desktop colour scheme and the small text. I note quite a few similar comments so unless there is a workaround I think that I might have to dig a bit deeper and go back to PSE.

2018-11-27 14:50:19

The original Pixelmator only comes in black, but Pixelmator Pro has a light theme you can use — here's a free trial of the app in case you'd like to check it out:

https://www.pixelmator.com/pro/free-trial/