Pixelmator Community forum not always loading images (2019-06-21)

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2019-06-21 12:56:29

To the Pixelmator team:
Hi guys.
I'm having a problem with images intermittently loading in the Pixelmator Community at the moment (21 June 2019). I can look at a post and see the images in it, open another tab in my browser and load the same post only to see that none of the images are there. Are you having any problems your end?
All the best
- Stef.
edit: This thread specifically causes it but I'm guessing it affects the whole forum: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16969

2019-06-21 13:11:51

Hey Stef, we've reproduced this on our end but only with that thread — looking for a fix. Do share if you find any other threads where this happens!

2019-06-21 14:32:56

It seems to affect posts that have multiple images (or it could be that I'm just seeing it there because each image increase the chance of seeing a problem).
Also here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16830 (although on second time of loading all images are now present so it could a loading time issue).
And here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16671 (images loaded upon refresh but went away again when I switched to private browsing to make things more challenging).

It seem rather intermittent but seems to affect images more recently uploaded* rather than those that have been around for a while. That could explain why this post is causing problems as it's today's. Also, I'm starting with an empty browser cache because my baby iMac arrived today. :grin: (let me see if I can replicate this on my MacBook)

*tests on my MacBook suggest that this is not true.

2019-06-21 14:40:07

Update from MacBook.
viewtopic.php?f=12&p=53253 only shows the most recent image (John's little robot people). Upon refresh shows all.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16830 only shows the first image (the layers sidebar). Upon refresh shows all.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16671 only shows the first image (the CMYK sliders). Upon refresh shows all.

2019-06-21 14:46:10

:heart_eyes:

Thanks, that's a big help!

P.S. Gratz on the iMac, hope you're enjoying all the extra screen compared to the MacBook!

2019-06-21 15:40:29

No worries. Happy to help.

On the iMac:
Increased screen real-estate: awesome
Six cores instead of two: awesome
Each core significantly faster: awesome
Double the memory: awesome
Dedicated graphics card: awesome on two fronts 1. faster 2. I'm not sure how on-board GPUs work but I think I gain about 1.5GB of RAM back.
Not fitting in my laptop bag: I'll live with that. After all I still have the MacBook.