Photo vs Pixelmator

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2020-12-27 01:18:18

Hi all

What are the main differences between Pixelmator for iOS vs Pixelmator Photo?

Sorry if it’s a daft question, but I can’t seem to find a simple answer

Thanks in advance

Jason

2021-01-04 23:55:31

I guess this isn’t the right place to ask questions then. Disappointed with the lack of response.

2021-01-05 11:00:32

Hi Jason, we took a few days off during the holiday period – apologies for not being able to get back to you in a timely manner. An answer to this question can be found on our support page, so I'll just paste that here:
Pixelmator Photo is designed exclusively for editing photos. It includes full support for RAW photos, an extensive collection of nondestructive, desktop-grade color adjustments, a magical Repair tool, batch photo editing, and more. If you take and edit lots of photos, you’ll probably enjoy it. Pixelmator for iOS is a layer-based editor that you can use to create designs, paint, illustrate, edit photos, and more. If you’re looking for a general-purpose graphics and image editing app, this is the one for you. If you need both, feel free to buy both apps.

2021-01-05 23:54:20

Thank you so much for the information, I looked for ages trying to find out that on your website, but couldn’t see that. I feel suitably hopeless now lol.

I already have Pixelmator for iOS, so will now buy Pixelmator Photo

I appreciate your help

2021-01-08 15:47:12

by Jason Humphries 2021-01-05 21:54:20 Thank you so much for the information, I looked for ages trying to find out that on your website, but couldn’t see that. I feel suitably hopeless now lol.

I already have Pixelmator for iOS, so will now buy Pixelmator Photo

I appreciate your help
That's OK, it really isn't particularly easy to find. :smile: A capable, site-wide search feature would be a good idea.

Glad I could help!