How to edit color and texture

Look for Pixelmator tutorials, tips & tricks, and how-to’s here.

2020-05-26 11:08:19

I want image A to have the exact color and texture of B. I mostly use color adjustment tools to edit the color and judge their closeness by the eye. Sometimes if it's a smooth and even surface I copy a patch of B and paste it on A and repeat until A is completely covered by patches from B. But for textured and uneven surface is there a way to edit A's color without guessing? And how to add more texture like wrinkles? Thanks

2020-05-28 08:33:20

by robxznyc 2020-05-26 11:08:19 But for textured and uneven surface is there a way to edit A's color without guessing?
I can't really think of a way to do that in the original Pixelmator, to be honest. In Pixelmator Pro, the Replace Color adjustment lets you pick both the source color and the target color. Using that adjustment (plus some lighting changes), I was able to get this result relatively quickly:
Granted, it's not exact either but it might be an easier option.

2020-05-28 08:35:35

As for the textures, if you're looking to recreate the wrinkles and folds — I'm not sure if there's another method to the one you're using...

2020-05-28 08:47:18

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I don't have Pixelmator Pro. Wish Pixelmator Classic can offer some tools that allow changing colors with more precision and ease.