How do I can I get a selection/count of all pixels of a certain color?

Look for Pixelmator tutorials, tips & tricks, and how-to’s here.

2020-08-10 13:45:20

I use Pixelmator to create bead art designs and I can't figure out how to select all pixels of a certain color to get a count of how many beads someone would need of each color. In Photoshop, there was a very easy color selection tool, adjust the tolerance, and it would select all pixels of a specific color. How do I do this in Pixelmator? Thanks!

2020-08-11 12:48:53

Hey there, Edit > Select Color should get you to the tool you're looking for.

Hope that helps!

2020-08-11 13:13:55

Hi Andrius,

That was great for selecting the colors! Thank you!

Any way to tell how many pixels are selected though? That's what I need to know how many beads are needed for a project.

2020-08-11 13:59:40

Ah, that actually isn't possible in Pixelmator... What feature were you using to get a pixel count in Photoshop, by the way?

2020-08-11 14:12:41

Ah bummer. I figured counting pixels would be a given with the name Pixelmator, haha.

In Photoshop, I can use the magic wand tool to select a color (just like the Select Color tool in Pixelmator) and then in the Histogram window it tells how many pixels I've selected.

Thanks for the help! But getting a pixel count of each color is a basic and essential need for me.

Is it possible to do it in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-08-11 14:24:12

by kylemccoy37 2020-08-11 11:13:36 Ah bummer. I figured counting pixels would be a given with the name Pixelmator, haha.
:sweat_smile:
by kylemccoy37 2020-08-11 11:13:36 In Photoshop, I can use the magic wand tool to select a color (just like the Select Color tool in Pixelmator) and then in the Histogram window it tells how many pixels I've selected.

Thanks for the help! But getting a pixel count of each color is a basic and essential need for me.

Is it possible to do it in Pixelmator Pro?
Cool, thanks for the clarification! This isn't possible in Pixelmator Pro either, but I'll pass on the feature suggestion and we'll consider it.

2020-08-11 14:39:46

Yeah, I got that same response when I suggested it on here four years ago, haha

Thanks for your time. Good luck!