Crash crash crash

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2017-12-31 10:32:30

I have an iMac (El Capitan 10.11.6) and Pixelmator 3.5. It's been prone to crashing very occasionally for the last several months but is now doing it perhaps once every 15/20 minutes. As far as I can see I'm running the latest version of the software, but my Apple skills are not great, so I may be missing a trick. I can't discern that there's any one command or tool that triggers each crash - just seems pretty random.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

2018-01-09 16:54:33

MBP mid-2012 2.3GHz 16G
High Sierra 10.13.2
Pixelmator 3.7 (71005)

Issue:

A long-standing problem carried over from my experience on El Capitan is loss of tool selection response after saving a document in the document window. To regain tool selection functionality I must close and the re-open the document. Since upgrading to High Sierra though, this bug now simply renders the app unresponsive leaving me no recourse but to Force Quit.

Other random freezes occur also require the Force Quit solution.

A very curious crash occurred some days ago wherein I inadvertently zoomed in to 400% and not only did the app itself crash, but it also crashed the OS and kicked me out to the user login window. I've never experienced anything like that before.

2018-01-11 09:04:14

Nigel and Gil, please drop us an email at support@pixelmator.com about these issues — we'll take a look at what could be going on.

2018-02-22 12:49:21

I have only recently purchased Version 3.7 Mount Whitney (71005) via Mac App store and used it one and low and behold it crashed after a few minutes of use,if this is an ongoing prblem I will be requesting my money back.

2018-04-10 08:18:24

I've been using Version 3.7 Mount Whitney and it's been great up until recently. It seems to crash a lot. Primarily when I'm trying to open up a file or start a new one. Every time it does I send a crash report to Apple. Any idea as to why. I use this program a lot in my job designing art work for phone books. I hate to have to find and switch to another program.....HELP!

2018-04-10 09:06:20

by Bill Connelly 2018-04-10 05:18:27 I've been using Version 3.7 Mount Whitney and it's been great up until recently. It seems to crash a lot. Primarily when I'm trying to open up a file or start a new one. Every time it does I send a crash report to Apple. Any idea as to why. I use this program a lot in my job designing art work for phone books. I hate to have to find and switch to another program.....HELP!
Hi Bill, could you drop us an email at support@pixelmator.com about this? It would be great if you could attach one or two crash reports to your email as well. Thanks!

2018-04-28 09:50:56

Hey Andrius, have you been getting those crash reports from Apple? Do they forward those to you? Because this is plaguing me constantly as well. It never seems to have a reason, just during any random event (sometimes, WHILE attempting to save, the most frustrating one).

2018-05-04 07:53:52

by Tim van der Horst 2018-04-28 09:50:56 Hey Andrius, have you been getting those crash reports from Apple? Do they forward those to you? Because this is plaguing me constantly as well. It never seems to have a reason, just during any random event (sometimes, WHILE attempting to save, the most frustrating one).
Apologies for the late response, somehow didn't notice this — we do get the crash reports if you give permission to share the reports with third parties, however, we don't always get them individually, sometimes they're categorized and we get like a merged version of the crash. Plus, they're anonymized and not as useful if you send them to us directly via email. Also, say, if you have a slightly older version of the app or you're behind on macOS updates, we'll see that and let you know how to get up to date. So, if you ever experience a crash, it's best to email us about it.

2018-05-12 04:35:02

Here's the latest crash. Which is extremely frustrating when I think to myself "Gee, Pixelmator has been crashing a lot lately, I'd better make sure and save right now to avoid that" and then it CRASHES DURING THE SAVE!

I've also emailed it to the support email.

https://gist.github.com/vdh/0593d2cd65b ... aa82ceb415