[Video Tutorial] Launch Pixelmator Pro from the Photos app

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2018-05-31 09:58:26

See how to launch Pixelmator Pro right from the Photos app and save your changes back to the original image.

2018-05-31 20:04:52

When I have a RAW photo file in Photos is it better to open it as shown in the video or open it from Pixelmator Pro app directly? Because the first way is using TIFF files and the second way is using RAW files. Is there a difference? Which way is better?

2018-06-01 07:01:23

After saving edits in Pixelmator and returning to Photos, is there a way to revert the photo to the original if I change my mind about the edits?

2018-06-01 07:56:10

by Deny When I have a RAW photo file in Photos is it better to open it as shown in the video or open it from Pixelmator Pro app directly? Because the first way is using TIFF files and the second way is using RAW files. Is there a difference? Which way is better?
If you're looking to make significant edits using any of the color adjustments, it's better to open the RAW version directly. If you just need to retouch it using the Repair tool or Clone Stamp tool, for example, then it doesn't matter.
by Robb Brunansky 2018-06-01 04:02:23 After saving edits in Pixelmator and returning to Photos, is there a way to revert the photo to the original if I change my mind about the edits?
Yep, if you open up the image in Photos and click the Edit button in the toolbar, you should see a Revert to Original button in the top left.