Pixelmator vs Pixelmator Pro

Chat about the original Pixelmator.

2018-12-13 09:44:33

by PiXeLoGiC 2018-12-13 06:29:07 Which kinds of lens distortions are corrected automatically, and for which lenses?
I'm not sure exactly which lenses are in Apple's RAW database, but from experience, it looks like physical (barrel/pincushion) distortions should usually be corrected when the lens is identified and displayed, whereas vignetting and chromatic aberration/blooming is more context-specific, so that's not something that can easily be corrected automatically. We do have plans for these features, though.

2019-01-06 01:22:13

Does Pro offer any additional text capabilities? I'm trying to transition from PS, and there doesn't seem to be a way to set character width and spacing, or to do super-/subscripts. I also can't set a character to bold or italic unless the font includes those. Those are the only capabilities I really miss so far, so I hope I'm missing something rather than have to upgrade.

2019-01-07 08:56:42

by jabaro Does Pro offer any additional text capabilities? I'm trying to transition from PS, and there doesn't seem to be a way to set character width and spacing, or to do super-/subscripts. I also can't set a character to bold or italic unless the font includes those. Those are the only capabilities I really miss so far, so I hope I'm missing something rather than have to upgrade.
Hey there, in Pixelmator, those options can be found by clicking the Action pop-up menu (the gear icon) in the Tool Options bar just above your image. As for bold and italic fonts, that's more or less how things work in most apps (as far as I'm aware) — the font face needs to be part of the font for you to be able to select it.