Problems with crop tool

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2019-01-07 01:51:42

I don't know if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong. When I'm cropping a photo and sliding one edge in, the other opposite edge will jitter. Then when I apply the crop the opposite edge from the one I cropped will often have a 1 pixel blank line (as if I pushed the crop box 1 pixel beyond the actual photo). It doesn't always do this, but it does it often enough to be annoying. Any thoughts?

-Max

2019-01-07 09:19:46

Hi Max, I can see the jittering issues when resizing the left or bottom edge, although it only happens at certain zoom levels. However, I wasn't able to reproduce the blank line issue. Still, judging by the jittering, I can easily see exactly why it would occur. A set of steps that we can use to reliably repro this or a screen recording showing this bug in action would be great in helping us get to the bottom of this. We've got a whole host of improvements lined up for the Crop tool and we'd love to include fixes for things like this together with those improvements. You can either post the steps/recording here or email it to support@pixelmator.com, whichever you prefer!

2019-01-08 00:13:43

Thanks for the reply. I sent a screen video of the problem to support.

2019-01-08 09:02:39

Awesome, it looks like I was able to repro this as well when using presets, so we'll get a fix going! :ok_hand:

2019-01-08 14:46:29

That's great! I really appreciate how responsive you are to problems and suggestions. I've been telling my other photographer friends that if they use a Mac, they need to get Pixelmator.

2019-01-08 16:01:42

by Max McCarty 2019-01-08 14:46:29 That's great! I really appreciate how responsive you are to problems and suggestions. I've been telling my other photographer friends that if they use a Mac, they need to get Pixelmator.
:heart_eyes: