Ability to close and discard file using keyboard only

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2019-11-04 01:14:34

Hi,

Right now to close and discard (not save) an imagine using CMD-W require to use the mouse.

I wish there was a way to press "D" or even "CMD-D" rather than press the "Delete" button with the mouse.

This is particularly annoying if you have many images that you know you don't want to keep and want to close them all rapidly. In fact, I think that almost all menu buttons should be pressable using the first letter of their label on the keyboard. Much better workflow.

Thank you very much for all that you do.

2019-11-04 15:14:22

After playing with it a bit more, I think there's a nuance...

I'm talking about closing documents that have never been saved before. That I can't do with just the keyboard.

Otherwise there's a preference in "System Preference -> General -> Ask to keep changes when closing documents" that could help.

But if I just pasted things from the clipboard unto a bunch of pixemator pro tabs, and then decide I don't want to keep them after all, I can't just do CMD-W and then press "D" or "CMD-D" for "delete" the way I could do it with "enter" for save. I have to mouse over each time, and it's really slowing things down.

Thank you.

2019-11-04 16:43:08

I think Command-Backspace is what you’re looking for – that’s actually a system-wide shortcut for the Delete button in those dialogs. Hope that helps!

2019-11-10 05:15:50

Andrius, bro, you just made my day on this reply.

2019-11-18 12:33:32

by Teelar 2019-11-10 05:15:50 Andrius, bro, you just made my day on this reply.
Glad to hear it! That's one of my favorite system-wide shortcuts for sure.

2024-02-09 23:11:18

by Andrius I think Command-Backspace is what you’re looking for – that’s actually a system-wide shortcut for the Delete button in those dialogs. Hope that helps!
Wow! That is helpful! Good to know, thanks!