[Beta Update] Pixelmator Pro 1.5.3

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2019-11-20 12:07:14

Pixelmator Pro 1.5.3 is now available for beta testing! Here's what's in it:
Pixelmator Pro 1.5.3 adds some major performance improvements to Auto Save, includes a new Show Source Marker option for the Clone tool, and a few other fixes.

• Auto Save performance has been significantly improved.
• The new Show Source Marker option for the Clone tool lets you show and hide the occasionally inconvenient source marker.
• It was not possible to undo text color changes after selecting text in a text box and changing its color with a Force Touch trackpad. Fixed.
• When using Export for Web to export images at 2x and 3x scale factors, shape layers would not be exported correctly. Fixed.
Edit (11/28): Beta 2 is now available. The release notes are short and sweet:
Pixelmator Pro 1.5.3 Beta 2 includes two very important fixes — one for graphics issues with certain AMD Navi GPUs (including those in the new 16-inch MacBook Pro) and one for effects applied to layer masks.

• When using Pixelmator Pro on Mac computers with AMD Navi GPUs — either internal ones, such as in the new 16-inch MacBook Pro or external ones — images would not be rendered correctly. Fixed.
• When applying certain effects to layer masks, Pixelmator Pro would sometimes stop responding. Fixed.
Let us know what you think! :pray:

If you'd like to sign up for the beta program, click here to apply.

2019-11-20 20:27:49

Nice to see the clone tool improvements. Very responsive. Good job.

Could you implement the multiple colour replace feature? Thanks

2019-11-21 02:16:35

Terrific update, gang, regarding the clone tool hockey puck. You guys are listening, and it’s cool that you are. I love this app.

2019-11-21 15:11:17

by ResLes Nice to see the clone tool improvements. Very responsive. Good job.

Could you implement the multiple colour replace feature? Thanks
Thanks! We're working on some other color adjustment improvements, but after that's done, it's possible.
by Teelar 2019-11-21 02:16:35 Terrific update, gang, regarding the clone tool hockey puck. You guys are listening, and it’s cool that you are. I love this app.
:muscle:

2019-11-28 12:20:28

Beta 2 has just been released, the original post includes more info about it if you're curious. :point_up_2:

2019-11-28 20:43:16

When I worked with different layers in Pixelmator pro and applied effects, resized an image or changed the opacity in 1.5.2 I got the coloured spinning wheel until a point it was really annoying. After closing it repaired permissions and reopening it, it worked hopefully that doesn’t come back. Any known issues with it?

2019-12-04 08:55:43

After updating, the big issue is gone. I really like the clone source maker disabler. Makes a really big difference. Good work!!!

2019-12-04 14:03:05

by ResLes 2019-11-28 20:43:16 When I worked with different layers in Pixelmator pro and applied effects, resized an image or changed the opacity in 1.5.2 I got the coloured spinning wheel until a point it was really annoying. After closing it repaired permissions and reopening it, it worked hopefully that doesn’t come back. Any known issues with it?
There weren't any known issues with this but if it does every resurface, please shoot us an email at support@pixelmator.com. Glad to hear it's gone for now, though, it might have just been a one-time thing!

2019-12-05 08:03:06

Thanks Andrius. Will do I wasn’t sure if it is Pixelmator pro or the pop clip issue or something else. I wanted to wait a bit. Are you guys planning additional big fixes and performance improvements before Christmas and/or the next month’s?

2019-12-05 13:50:00

by ResLes 2019-12-05 08:03:06 Thanks Andrius. Will do I wasn’t sure if it is Pixelmator pro or the pop clip issue or something else. I wanted to wait a bit. Are you guys planning additional big fixes and performance improvements before Christmas and/or the next month’s?
We've got a couple more updates lined up before the new year, yes. Though they'll be more feature-oriented, rather than performance-oriented. Are there any things you'd like us to improve in terms of performance? If there are files you have that you think are working too slowly or unreliably, it'd be great if you could send them to us.

2019-12-05 20:33:30

Nice that’s cool regarding the feature adds. In terms of improvements I the ML stuff could render faster if that is possible?

2019-12-06 16:36:35

That's mostly limited by hardware, so not really, but we're always looking to improve — we'll see.

2019-12-09 07:51:08

I thought so, that it would be more hardware related. Is this because of the processor or graphic card? Maybe there are some software optimisations you could do? Even if it is just a 10 % increase?
Could you talk about the upcoming features? Are they more tiny or a few big ones in it as well?

2019-12-10 08:39:10

It's mostly down to the GPU — it's possible to optimize things but this can introduce the possibility of new bugs and for a 5% or 10% performance increase, it's often not worth it when there are other things we could be working on. The new features lined up for the updates before the new year are pretty significant. No, not text on a path. :smile: But very cool nonetheless and, this time, I don't really want to spoil the surprise. :smirk:

2019-12-10 08:50:20

That’s a fair point, for a5 to 10 percent increase to risk bugs. It’s better to work on other things. I agree.

A Christmas excitement. Oh looking forward to it.