Get ready for a flood of Pixelmator updates (sneak peek!)

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2020-03-12 18:26:39

We’ve been working on all our apps recently and it just so happens that Pixelmator Pro, Pixelmator Photo, and Pixelmator for iOS are all going to get major updates in the next month. So we wanted to tell you a little bit more about each update and maybe even give you a chance to get your hands on them. Here goes.

Read the full blog post here.

2020-03-12 20:11:31

Thanks for the betas. Keep making updates. Looking forward to Pixelmator iOS app getting closer to the macOS version.

2020-03-12 20:24:10

For nearly 3 years I have had a Wheel of Fortune style confetti and balloon drop set up just waiting for a substantial Pixelmator for iOS/iPadOS update to be announced. FINALLY I get to press the drop button!! I could not be more excited to hear that the iOS version is going to be revisited. I cannot wait to see how Pixelmator evolves with this new timeline. While Affinity Photo and “Photoshop” are available on the iPad, I still keep coming back to Pixelmator as I just love how the interface works and how it utilizes Apple’s core technologies.

2020-03-12 20:41:34

Yay for new betas. :heart_eyes:

Usual question... are there any release notes for Pixelmator Pro? :grin:

2020-03-12 22:08:09

by a27divine Thanks for the betas. Keep making updates. Looking forward to Pixelmator iOS app getting closer to the macOS version.
Us too!
by J M For nearly 3 years I have had a Wheel of Fortune style confetti and balloon drop set up just waiting for a substantial Pixelmator for iOS/iPadOS update to be announced. FINALLY I get to press the drop button!! I could not be more excited to hear that the iOS version is going to be revisited. I cannot wait to see how Pixelmator evolves with this new timeline. While Affinity Photo and “Photoshop” are available on the iPad, I still keep coming back to Pixelmator as I just love how the interface works and how it utilizes Apple’s core technologies.
We're super excited for this too, it has been a long time coming. :pray:
by st3f Yay for new betas. :heart_eyes:

Usual question... are there any release notes for Pixelmator Pro? :grin:
They should've reached you via email if you're signed up for the beta? As we want to keep the rest of the additions a bit more of a surprise until the public release, I'd rather not post the full release notes here... :grinning:

2020-03-12 22:39:27

They should've reached you via email
There may be a problem. I'm signed up for the beta of Pixelmator Pro (and I think only that) but got the notes for Pixelmator Photo emailed to me.

2020-03-12 23:35:12

by st3f 2020-03-12 19:48:24
There may be a problem. I'm signed up for the beta of Pixelmator Pro (and I think only that) but got the notes for Pixelmator Photo emailed to me.
Huh. Weird... Is the email from App Center Team or TestFlight?

2020-03-12 23:41:21

It's from TestFlight. Actually, thinking about it, if you ran a pre-launch beta of Pixelmator Photo, I might have been part of that. In which case, all that may have happened is that I've slipped off the mailing list for the Pixelmator Pro release notes. I've checked my spam folder (just in case) and there's nothing there.
(edit) Possible lightbulb moment. Do I have to sign up for the mailshot for each beta? Or if I'm signed up once, should I be on the list until I unsubscribe? [goes off to fill in email address on beta box.]
(edit again) Hmmm... that's just an email link. That would just start another copy of this conversation (but by email) so I'm not going to do that unless you think I should.

2020-03-13 06:57:53

Nice, to see your dedication and focus on Pix pro. I can see that the other apps need some attention, too.

1. Is there a rough time frame when you would release the public beta?
2. It’s great to see the colour picker tool has its own tool section.
and I know the Pixelmator team will do a great job but I don’t get how I can see how awesome it is - would you mind explaining?

2020-03-13 11:17:41

by st3f 2020-03-12 23:41:21 It's from TestFlight. Actually, thinking about it, if you ran a pre-launch beta of Pixelmator Photo, I might have been part of that. In which case, all that may have happened is that I've slipped off the mailing list for the Pixelmator Pro release notes. I've checked my spam folder (just in case) and there's nothing there.
(edit) Possible lightbulb moment. Do I have to sign up for the mailshot for each beta? Or if I'm signed up once, should I be on the list until I unsubscribe? [goes off to fill in email address on beta box.]
(edit again) Hmmm... that's just an email link. That would just start another copy of this conversation (but by email) so I'm not going to do that unless you think I should.
Once you've signed up, you're signed up. I think you should've received the notification when the update was pushed but Hockey (our original beta testing platform) has now been fully replaced by App Center and that may have disrupted things a little. Though as far as I can tell, the email did go out. We'll investigate and, in the meantime, I'll just send you the notes via email by hand.
by ResLes 2020-03-13 06:57:53 Nice, to see your dedication and focus on Pix pro. I can see that the other apps need some attention, too.

1. Is there a rough time frame when you would release the public beta?
2. It’s great to see the colour picker tool has its own tool section.
and I know the Pixelmator team will do a great job but I don’t get how I can see how awesome it is - would you mind explaining?
The beta is already available. If you've downloaded any of our betas before, you can open up the beta app and choose Pixelmator Pro > Check for Updates. For this to work, the app needs to be in your Applications folder though. If you haven't signed up, email us at beta@pixelmator.com and we'll add you.

All the details about the color picker that we're willing to share can be found in the blog post:

https://www.pixelmator.com/blog/2020/03 ... neak-peek/

For any more, you'll have to wait for the public release. :wink:

2020-03-13 12:19:43

I'll just send you the notes via email by hand.
Thanks. Got 'em. I logged into appcenter and it popped up a message asking if it was OK for appcenter to send me emails. If others have been receiving the notes then that may have been the cause. Once I clicked OK on that I checked email settings and appcenter has permission to send me both appcenter and app updates. Hopefully that dialog box was the problem.

Send any feedback to the beta email address?

2020-03-13 19:11:11

by Andrius 2020-03-13 11:17:41
Once you've signed up, you're signed up. I think you should've received the notification when the update was pushed but Hockey (our original beta testing platform) has now been fully replaced by App Center and that may have disrupted things a little. Though as far as I can tell, the email did go out. We'll investigate and, in the meantime, I'll just send you the notes via email by hand.

The beta is already available. If you've downloaded any of our betas before, you can open up the beta app and choose Pixelmator Pro > Check for Updates. For this to work, the app needs to be in your Applications folder though. If you haven't signed up, email us at beta@pixelmator.com and we'll add you.

All the details about the color picker that we're willing to share can be found in the blog post:

https://www.pixelmator.com/blog/2020/03 ... neak-peek/

For any more, you'll have to wait for the public release. :wink:
Oh, I was on a mobile device, the auto play functions was playing on desktop 🖥.

Thanks,
I will wait until the final realise thanks.

2020-03-13 22:11:11

by st3f
Thanks. Got 'em. I logged into appcenter and it popped up a message asking if it was OK for appcenter to send me emails. If others have been receiving the notes then that may have been the cause. Once I clicked OK on that I checked email settings and appcenter has permission to send me both appcenter and app updates. Hopefully that dialog box was the problem.

Send any feedback to the beta email address?
Oh, that makes sense, we’ll keep it in mind for future betas! Feedback to the beta email, yeah.

2020-03-14 07:14:32

by ResLes
Oh, I was on a mobile device, the auto play functions was playing on desktop 🖥.

Thanks,
I will wait until the final realise thanks.
Actually I am so curious I will email you and join the beta program if possible.

2020-03-14 17:23:47

Hi not received a response either but I also have TestFlight you’re saying I need to download a different one?

2020-03-14 17:27:05

Wait, I did this from my iPad maybe that’s the problem

2020-03-14 19:20:58

Okay, Have it. Just tested it on my the last show I photographed, KISS... WOW!! FAST!! Give me Loca adjustments and it becomes number 1

2020-03-14 21:44:41

Just went through all the emails – everyone should’ve got their invites now. :raised_hands:

2020-03-21 23:46:08

Hi Andrius,

I love Pixelmator Pro :smiley:

The interface is easy to use and while I've been having a look at Photoshop and other providers, I keep on getting back to Pixelmator Pro.

Back in 2013, I bought the Pixelmator app for my Apple iMac and then in 2018 upgraded to Pixelmator Pro.

I use the software for all my photo editing: optimising and re-sizing photos before uploading to my WordPress or social media. For someone like me, running my own life insurance brokerage, being able to quickly edit images and photos is vitally important. And because the interface is easy to use, there are great youtube guides as well, I can do most editing quickly. For more advanced work, I'd use one or two of my favourite Upwork contractors.

I've emailed you to join the beta program.

2020-03-23 10:36:27

That's awesome to hear, thanks for taking the time to share your story. :pray:

Hope you got your beta invite!