Templates folder or special browser window

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-04-30 05:41:49

Hi,

For Instagram and Pinterest post I would like to download some psd templates to make posting less time consuming. I can open templates through the finder file system or create a template but the templates are “only” the sizes. I would love to put my complete and formatted templates right to my disposal through the templates window or a fast 💨 browser window. Anything planned for that in the future?

2020-04-30 11:48:57

Yes, we have actually discussed turning the template chooser into more of a 'template' chooser rather than just an image size presets chooser. In the next update, we'll be adding a "Replace Image" feature, which you can use to replace any image layer with another while keeping all the formatting — size, styles, effects, adjustments, clipping masks, and so on. With this feature available, actual templates become an even more useful thing so we can keep this idea in mind for sure.

2020-04-30 12:21:05

Thanks Andrius. Great info and news

2020-05-01 08:44:41

I had an idea.

One of the advantages of canvas for example - although I hate the subscription model - is that in there premium version they have templates for Pinterest and instagram.
If you could make the “real“ template happening, there could raise an opportunity to sell templates from your side... as an up selling opportunity - let’s say as a fix price.
I feel 40 Pounds is the right price for selling pix pro but I think to pay for an upgrade is reasonable. Especially if you can hire more people and stabilise the business.
1Password für example they changed 40 usd for the 7 version after years of free updates and gave people the change not to be in the subscription model.
I guess chargeing for upsells and upgrades Would be beneficial to everybody - at some point.
To sell templates would that be something Pixelmator would do?

2020-05-04 10:05:40

It would be cool 😎 to have a dedicated template button inside the working area Or task bar with used templates as well as a browser window.
I have underestimated how comfortable and easy this would be

2020-05-04 13:20:35

by ResLes 2020-05-01 08:44:41 I had an idea.

One of the advantages of canvas for example - although I hate the subscription model - is that in there premium version they have templates for Pinterest and instagram.
If you could make the “real“ template happening, there could raise an opportunity to sell templates from your side... as an up selling opportunity - let’s say as a fix price.
I feel 40 Pounds is the right price for selling pix pro but I think to pay for an upgrade is reasonable. Especially if you can hire more people and stabilise the business.
1Password für example they changed 40 usd for the 7 version after years of free updates and gave people the change not to be in the subscription model.
I guess chargeing for upsells and upgrades Would be beneficial to everybody - at some point.
To sell templates would that be something Pixelmator would do?
We have lots of things that we could potentially sell — adjustment presets, effect presets, brush presets, layer style presets, shape presets, gradient presets. So there's potential there though we're not super big fans of in-app purchases. Of course, we can keep it in mind.
by ResLes 2020-05-04 10:05:40 It would be cool 😎 to have a dedicated template button inside the working area Or task bar with used templates as well as a browser window.
I have underestimated how comfortable and easy this would be
Yeah, there's potential here too, as ever, thanks for taking the time to share you suggestions!

2020-05-04 15:10:20

by Andrius 2020-05-04 13:21:51
We have lots of things that we could potentially sell — adjustment presets, effect presets, brush presets, layer style presets, shape presets, gradient presets. So there's potential there though we're not super big fans of in-app purchases. Of course, we can keep it in mind.

Yeah, there's potential here too, as ever, thanks for taking the time to share you suggestions!
a

Thanks,
I don’t really like inapp purchases either but I would love this templates feature it would be a huge time saver 😀.

2020-05-05 06:45:56

I feel a bit bad for suggesting the in app purchases. Seeing you writing ✍️ you could charge for other things as well, doesn’t feel right to me either.

I love the way Pixelmator is going with this, reasonable prices and a desire to drive forward with innovation and their own dream.

Really respect ✊ that. Thanks for going your way and being flexible with it. 😀

2020-06-29 09:15:40

With the introduction of big sur and the redesign it would be amazing to have a real template chooser integrated in Pix Pro. How likely would that be to see that coming with a future version?

2020-06-29 09:18:13

It's not currently in our plans so, at least for now, it isn't super likely. But we also haven't fully decided what we'll do after Pixelmator Pro 1.8. :wink:

2020-06-29 10:56:42

by Andrius 2020-06-29 10:49:47 It's not currently in our plans so, at least for now, it isn't super likely. But we also haven't fully decided what we'll do after Pixelmator Pro 1.8. :wink:
Thanks for being honest. It would be so awesome if that would happen in the future...