Share Menu Extension?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-01-19 05:34:55

Pixelmator Pro doesn't seem to have a Share Menu extension (System Preferences: Extensions: Share Menu). Am I missing something?

2018-01-22 09:22:14

It doesn't, and the main reason why is the Share extension is designed to be used for posting/sending content to websites and messaging services. Certain apps misuse it, but we don't really have plans to do so.

2020-10-03 16:15:51

Is it possible this policy could be reconsidered, especially now given that Apple themselves (in the latest Big Sur public beta, anyway) have e.g. Preview right next to Messages in the Share Extension?

2020-10-06 10:31:22

by inequals 2020-10-03 13:15:51 Is it possible this policy could be reconsidered, especially now given that Apple themselves (in the latest Big Sur public beta, anyway) have e.g. Preview right next to Messages in the Share Extension?
I'm on the latest beta and I'm not seeing Preview in my Share menu and it doesn't look like I can turn it on in System Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu. Does it appear everywhere on your Mac for you and, if so, do you remember doing anything special to turn it on?

2023-08-12 10:42:28

by Andrius It doesn't, and the main reason why is the Share extension is designed to be used for posting/sending content to websites and messaging services. Certain apps misuse it, but we don't really have plans to do so.
Here’s what it says as of 2023:
Share extensions give users a convenient way to share content with other entities, such as social sharing websites or upload services. For example, in an app that includes a Share button, users can choose a Share extension that represents a social sharing website and then use it to post a comment or other content.
It’s no longer just for messaging or social media. It’s essentially a reverse File Open.

It’s time to add it, I think. Please and thank you. :)