XP-Pen Tablets

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2020-06-27 16:29:02

I use a 20" XP-Pen Tablet, and for some reason, classic Pixelmator just doesn't want to work with it. The tablet works with every other drawing program, including Pixelmator Pro, but classic Pixelmator just doesn't like it. I can still use a mouse with it, and it even has some functionality with the pen. But it's just drawing that it doesn't seem to like.
I'm posting this because, even though I have a lot of other programs, I've always really liked the interface of classic Pixelmator. I was hoping to continue using it. (and I sort of still can, if I'm doing something that doesn't require the pen)
I'm just wondering if there's a work around, or if something can be done.

2020-06-29 10:01:22

Would you be able to share some examples of what exactly isn't working in the original Pixelmator? It may well be something we can fix!

2020-06-29 16:34:01

Hi, thanks for getting back.
So it just seems to be drawing that’s the issue. I can move around windows and pallets with the pen, use the selection tool, and even make some strokes depending on the brush. But there’s no pressure sensitivity, and because of that, most of the general lines just won’t do anything except leave a single dot. This also goes for the eraser.
This is with the XP-Pen Artist 22 Pro and it’s corresponding P025 Stylus. Other models which use different Styluses might work.

I’d send some images or video If it helps, but at the moment I’m laid up from a back injury for a couple of days. But if you need something more I should be able to within a couple of days (I hope).
Thanks again!

2020-06-30 12:52:51

Understandable, once you're ready, feel free to email us at support@pixelmator.com with more details — we'll take it from there!

2021-05-13 18:38:54

I have to comment... I'm not sure if Pixelmator did a "fix" for this, but I noticed a couple of months ago that it's now working.
If they did, I wanted to give a big THANK YOU!!! It's so nice to be able to use Pixelmator Classic again. I still think it has a better tool selection than Pro which is why I like using it. :D I'm really enjoying working with it now on my XP-Pen tablet!