Problem exporting edited images

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2021-08-18 14:42:49

Recently when I export an edited image to my image folders the image name is listed correctly in the folder. However, the image has not been exported or save. There is an icon with "JPEG" indicating the size is "Zero bytes". I have tried to save it in other drives and the same thing happens. This morning I downloaded the Pixelmator Pro trial version to see if that would export correctly and it is the same as my original Pixelmator Classic. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this problem. I have used Pixelmator for about 3 years and have had no issues until now.

2021-08-21 17:25:06

I have the exact same problem, can't figure it out. I'm running Pixelmator Pro Version 2.1.3

2021-08-21 18:04:13

Joe...I had a response by Aurelija to my problem. This was the reply: Hi Pat,

Thanks for reaching out. I believe you're dealing with macOS 11.5 regression discussed in this article here: https://www.pixelmator.com/community/vi ... 11&t=18925 In the article, you'll also find a couple of potential workarounds you can use.

Best,
Aurelija

It looks like the most recent update to macOS Big Sur has created this problem. The solution I tried and it worked was to initially save the edited image from Pixelmator in your desktop and then move it to your external hard drive from there. This is extra time spent, but it works. Hopefully the next OS update will fix this problem. There are other options discussed in the linked article.