Pixelmator Pro 2.1.3 brings huge improvements to PSD support

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2021-08-19 12:49:59

After a short summer break, the entire Pixelmator Team is back at work, continuing our quest to create the world’s best image editor! And boy do we have some great stuff in store for you over the coming months. Today, we’re releasing Pixelmator Pro 2.1.3, which includes a huge update to our support for Adobe Photoshop files – in fact, we’ve rewritten the entire engine that handles this from the ground up.

Check out the full post on our blog.

2021-08-19 13:14:11

Thank you!!

2021-08-19 13:29:28

It's our pleasure. :wink:

2021-08-19 22:34:38

Please let us import ps gradients!

So happy bout the update! Love it!

2021-08-20 15:36:43

You’ve written a great program and it’s my favorite on both OSX and iPadOS. I really appreciate your constant work to upgrade and enhance the software. You are to be commended! 👏 I’ve been a user and fan since the beta was first released. I really am looking forward to the PSD text handling since this is something I’m currently working with in my freelance work. The farther I can get from Adobe the happier I am 😉

2021-08-20 18:49:57

Thank you for the update of the MacOS app. Now can we expect some love for the iPad app? For example layers?

2021-08-20 21:05:37

Wow, that's a massive improvement! I use PSDs in Apple Motion and Final Cut Pro a lot, and having better quality PSD export means I don't have to spend half an hour deleting blank and duplicate layers! Shape import for PSDs is amazing, too (Something I wish Motion had 😅) But thanks so much, these are the updates that have less visual features and more features under the cover, which usually make the biggest difference!

2021-08-22 04:15:38

The update I didn't realise I needed. I can finally use Pixelmator on its own when importing advanced PSD files from my colleagues without having to fuss with other apps !

2021-08-24 04:59:51

Does the new version support `.photo` files yet? I won't buy this app until you support your own format on all platforms. :sweat:

2021-08-30 08:37:52

by antonzabornikov 2021-08-19 19:34:38 Please let us import ps gradients!

So happy bout the update! Love it!
We love that you loved the update! :red_heart: The support for PSD gradients and patterns is on our roadmap but planned for a later stage of PSD improvements.
by Rick Povich 2021-08-20 12:36:43 You’ve written a great program and it’s my favorite on both OSX and iPadOS. I really appreciate your constant work to upgrade and enhance the software. You are to be commended! 👏 I’ve been a user and fan since the beta was first released. I really am looking forward to the PSD text handling since this is something I’m currently working with in my freelance work. The farther I can get from Adobe the happier I am 😉
Yay! It's awesome to know there are people who not only enjoy but also help us improve Pixelmator Pro. :muscle: We've got a couple of text handling improvements lined up for future PSD-related updates so I hope you'll like them.
by Han 2021-08-20 15:49:57 Thank you for the update of the MacOS app. Now can we expect some love for the iPad app? For example layers?
You're very welcome. :pray: If you have Pixelmator Photo in mind — it was not really intended to be a layer-based editor, so layers aren't likely to make it into the app. But we've got some awesome (dare I say almost game-changing?) updates brewing for both Pixelmator for iOS and Pixelmator Photo, so even without layer support, we hope you're going to enjoy them.
by Tali 2021-08-20 18:05:37 Wow, that's a massive improvement! I use PSDs in Apple Motion and Final Cut Pro a lot, and having better quality PSD export means I don't have to spend half an hour deleting blank and duplicate layers! Shape import for PSDs is amazing, too (Something I wish Motion had 😅) But thanks so much, these are the updates that have less visual features and more features under the cover, which usually make the biggest difference!
by Mika 2021-08-22 01:15:38 The update I didn't realise I needed. I can finally use Pixelmator on its own when importing advanced PSD files from my colleagues without having to fuss with other apps !
Yesss! We went with more of the under-the-hood improvements this time so it's super cool that you guys noticed the changes in your own workflows.
by Tim Brown 2021-08-24 01:59:51 Does the new version support `.photo` files yet? I won't buy this app until you support your own format on all platforms. :sweat:
Not this version, not yet. :grimacing: