Add Trackpad gestures for adjustments, similar to how they work for straighten/perspective

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2022-01-14 23:45:02

I have started to really enjoy the use of trackpad gestures for straightening photos, and adjusting the perspective. At first I thought it was confusing that I couldn’t click and drag, and now I love it and it actually feels more precise to me than the click and drag method, at least on the magic keyboard/magic trackpad.

Now that I am used to the gesture, I wish that I could do the same thing for adjustments. Swiping left/right to make move the adjustment slider that the mouse is hovered over would be a big usability improvement.

I assume others might hate this :sweat_smile: , so perhaps it’s an option in addition to the current support.

2022-01-19 11:29:51

Interesting idea! Although, I would agree it should probably be something you can opt out of. We'll think about this. :pray:

2022-01-19 16:31:22

Thanks, the more I use the Magic Keyboard, the more obvious the click+drag behaviour is much slower than the simply 2 finger swipe gesture. Now I can't help but notice it what have I done to myself :sweat_smile:

After digging into Pixelmator Pro more, I noticed that the same trackpad 2 finger swipe gestures don't work for straightening/perspective there, so this seems limited to Pixelmator Photo.

Would love to see this brought over to Pro as well!

2022-01-19 18:47:58

+1 too. I once had this idea too because working on mac's pixelmator using three-finger swiping on adjustment bar gives a quick value changing is convenient.

2022-01-20 17:44:02

by GoLfWRC +1 too. I once had this idea too because working on mac's pixelmator using three-finger swiping on adjustment bar gives a quick value changing is convenient.
Does this 3 finger gesture work on Pixelmator Pro for Mac? I didn't think to try 3 🤔

Probably a bit less of an issue for mouse users on Mac, but the click+drag action on Magic Keyboard trackpad for iPad is very imprecise when you are trying to hold the click with a thumb and then drag at the same time.

I've grown to hate it 😅

2022-01-21 18:27:58

Fish,

Three finger swipping is a system-wide setting not tied to Pixelmator Pro. You have to enable drag lock in Accessibilty first. Then three fingers swipping becomes click-drag on adjusment slider.

But, Pixelmator Photo, of course, can adopt the same idea as mac's to have two fingers swipping on iPad Magic Keyboard acts as click-drag just like perspective does.

2022-01-21 19:35:02

by GoLfWRC 2022-01-21 23:27:58 Fish,

Three finger swipping is a system-wide setting not tied to Pixelmator Pro. You have to enable drag lock in Accessibilty first. Then three fingers swipping becomes click-drag on adjusment slider.

But, Pixelmator Photo, of course, can adopt the same idea as mac's to have two fingers swipping on iPad Magic Keyboard acts as click-drag just like perspective does.
Ah yes! I do have 3 finger gesture turned on for macOS enabled, I'll give this a try!