Exporting problem (bug?)

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2022-03-14 07:25:24

I processed over 100 RAW photos. Those RAW files are in a folder, not in the Photos App, so Pixelmator Photo created a duplicate .photo file.

All good.

Then I selected all .photo files and exported them to JPG to a different folder in my iPad using a “work flow” that only exports to JPG. I made sure all other processing were turned off, only export to JPG.

The problem is, Pixelmator Photo exported my photos WITHOUT my processing, the JPGs are the same as the unprocessed photos.

Here’s a sample: on the left is the exported JPG, on the right is the RAW file opened in Pixelmator Photo with my processing.

2022-03-14 07:30:38

Update.. I just realized it is NOT an unprocessed version. It doesn’t even look like the unprocessed version, judging by the Before/after tool.

I don’t know what Pixelmator is doing. Please help.

2022-03-14 07:55:42

New update. It seems to be solved?

I created a new work flow and only enabled JPG export. It worked fine.

The work flow I was using had a color preset enabled, that I then disabled, and then ran the workflow. I did this twice, so I’m sure the color preset was disabled. Somehow Pixelmator ignored that I had disabled the color preset and processed the color and then exported, so my exported JPGs had a preset I didn’t want.

Creating a new workflow solved this problem, but it seems that Pixelmator ignores the disabling in the first place, so perhaps that is a bug or error of the app.

In any case my problem is gone.