Can't save files, app beachballs if I try to save

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-03-15 17:47:34

Since updating to macOS 11.3, I haven't been able to save any projects. I create a new blank project, try saving it, but nothing happens. If I try to save again, the app beach balls indefinitely.

How can I get the app to work again??

2022-03-16 08:34:07

This sounds like one pesky auto save issue we've been after for a few months now. Could you drop us a line about it at support@pixelmator.com? We're currently gathering up any info we can get our hands on to, hopefully, piece together a reliable fix.

2022-03-17 18:47:12

have same issue, among other bugs…

I really want this app to work :(

am on trial version and may just give up and jump ship, but I am hanging on for dear life :) for just a bit longer…

iMac Pro
Catalina 10.15.7 yes, I don’t like to upgrade to latest, I wait… all my apps work flawlessly now, and don’t want to kill anything

FCPX
Motion 5
ProTools 2021
Logic Pro X
Luna
Affinity Photo
Affinity Designer
Compressor
Etc etc, none of them have the amount of “not responding” under Force Quit.

What do you need I would be happy to supply any info for the devs.

Sooooo glad I cloned my hard drive before installing this, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND, to always get in the habit of doing this.

2022-03-17 19:21:07

Ok after working with this a little more, and really paying attention to what is going on, I noticed that the Pixelmator is beach balling for me on pretty much every edit or save I make. That being said the good news is, even though in FINDER under force quit, it shows Pixelmator= “ not responding” , if I walk away and do something else the program eventually catches up and that message goes away. So I just wanted to clarify, that Pixelmator is not crashing, but it is freezing and then recovering. This I can get thru for now, but on a large edit where I am relying on the app to work efficiently, this will not be workable. For now I am only using Pixelmator to do a one-off step on a larger project using other apps, so I can work with this.

Just FYI.

2022-03-18 09:16:22

Thanks for taking the time to dig deeper into this, Tim. We suspect the issue might be macOS Auto Save-related but we need a bit more evidence. Specifically, a spindump from your device would be a big help. Here's how you can collect the spindump log.

Also, it would be interesting to investigate some sample documents with which the freeze occurs. You can send everything to us at support@pixelmator.com and our support team will take it from there. Thanks in advance! :pray: