"The Document Couldn't Be Opened" Issue

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-05-30 05:51:39

All of a sudden I am not able to open any previous PXD files except for ones created in the last couple of weeks. Here is the message that I receive …
“The document couldn’t be opened. The document is damaged, or isn’t compatible with Pixelmator Pro 2.4.3.”

I am using Pixelmator Pro 2.4.3 on an iMac running MacOS 12.4. I also tried opening these Pixelmator-created files using an older version of Pixelmator Pro ( v1.5.1) and I receive the same error message (except it says it cannot open with PP 1.5.1).

Any ideas or thoughts?

2022-06-01 15:54:13

Hi Gair, I see we spoke about this issue via email, but for anyone experiencing similar issues who finds this thread, this looks to be a known issue related to Autodesk Sketchbook.

2022-07-06 15:47:00

I encountered this issue this morning, with both 2.4.5 on Apple Silicon, and 2.4.3 on Intel Mac. I do not own nor have installed any Autodesk software. I wrote about the solution here: viewtopic.php?t=19910

...which is to restart the Mac in "Safe Mode," open Pixelmator Pro, then restart the Mac in "Normal Mode" and Pixelmator Pro will work as expected.

I'm posting here for others searching the community or Google for a solution.

2022-07-06 18:04:44

Thank you!