Clarity/Structure slider, and some other features I would love to see in Pixelmator Photo

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2022-01-24 20:09:51

I would love to see a clarity and/or structure slider in Pixelmator Photo. Along with layers/masking/local adjustments, I think that would make it far and away the best iPad photo editing app.

Additional features:
White Point slider
Move DeNoise and Color Match from the 3 dot menu into their own buttons (next to edit, heal, etc.)
Sky swap/replacement feature (would rely on masks/layers and maybe borrow functionality from the background removal feature in Pixelmator Pro?)
Bracket Merging (exposure bracket, focus stack, HDR merge, etc.)

2022-01-24 21:01:49

by Nadeem 2022-01-24 20:10:47 Bracket Merging (exposure bracket, focus stack, HDR merge, etc.)
Lots of recent interest in support for merging multiple frames, glad to see another one! I'll add auto-aligning layers to your list to make all of the above even better/easier!

2022-01-31 15:26:10

Thanks for the feedback, Nadeem and Fish. Bracket merging, local adjustments, and other features are in the Pixelmator Photo feature request list already. So +1 for those. :wink: White Point slider is the only one I think is missing — I'll make sure to make note of it. As for moving ML Denoise and ML Match Colors from the More menu — for now, there's simply too little space in the toolbar for this to work. We can keep this in mind moving forward. There may be some toolbar customization options that we can take advantage of.

2022-04-25 16:26:45

Adding an opinion, Clarity is good, but for correcting image quality problems caused by a) atmosphere and b) old vintage adapted lenses, dehaze is magical. I’d love to have dehaze. Affinity Photo has this on Mac, but not on iPad. I don’t have a good solution for dehazing photos on iPad, without taking them out of my Apple Photos library and into another app like Lightroom for example; what I love about Pixelmator Photo is how I can edit my photos directly in my Photos library, which is my central asset storage and sync solution.

2022-04-26 15:34:32

Hi B3n S6z, Dehaze is on our feature request list as well. I've added your +1!

2022-05-04 23:30:07

Please give us a dehaze/clarity feature! Add my vote +1!

2022-05-25 16:16:52

+1 from me too!

2022-05-28 06:39:04

by Aurelija 2022-01-31 15:26:10 Thanks for the feedback, Nadeem and Fish. Bracket merging, local adjustments, and other features are in the Pixelmator Photo feature request list already. So +1 for those. :wink: White Point slider is the only one I think is missing — I'll make sure to make note of it. As for moving ML Denoise and ML Match Colors from the More menu — for now, there's simply too little space in the toolbar for this to work. We can keep this in mind moving forward. There may be some toolbar customization options that we can take advantage of.
I’m not sure a white point slider is necessary, it’s not a common feature anywhere else. Normally you’d adjust the exposure slider first, then set the black point. Then work along the other adjustments as needed (such as highlights, shadows, contrast, levels, curves etc.).

As for the DeNoise and Match Colors buttons, I don’t think they need to be on the main toolbar myself. I never use Match Colors, so that could just stay there. I think ML DeNoise would be better in the Edit side panel, having its own intensity slider - again, usually not a frequently used tool, or at least it shouldn’t be 😏

Or how about grouping all the ML tools into their own drop down menu?

Cheers.

2022-06-18 07:50:10

by Andy Hewitt
I’m not sure a white point slider is necessary, it’s not a common feature anywhere else. Normally you’d adjust the exposure slider first, then set the black point. Then work along the other adjustments as needed (such as highlights, shadows, contrast, levels, curves etc.).

As for the DeNoise and Match Colors buttons, I don’t think they need to be on the main toolbar myself. I never use Match Colors, so that could just stay there. I think ML DeNoise would be better in the Edit side panel, having its own intensity slider - again, usually not a frequently used tool, or at least it shouldn’t be 😏

Or how about grouping all the ML tools into their own drop down menu?

Cheers.
Different people have different editing workflows. Personally, using Exposure to set a white point doesn't make sense to me because Exposure is really for adjusting the overall lightness value.

Sometimes you want to selectively raise or lower the whitest parts of the image in a convenient slider without going for levels or curves. Some people go straight to Levels and Curves, others go the their Lightness sliders, having White Point as an option in Lightness would be convenient in my use case at least.

2022-07-26 10:30:09

Please add my vote for the Clarity and Dehaze features! Thanks.

2022-08-31 00:51:33

Please add my vote for focus stacking and exposure merging.

2022-09-26 14:50:40

Add my request for everything already mentioned above. But can you multiply all of the votes by 10. Because even if the request number is low, it doesn't mean it's not wanted or needed by those who didn't post about it. 🤔