Trouble with Wacom...

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-06-03 21:12:05

I just bought the Wacom Intuos Pro and set it up. It seems to be working, but everything seems to be at half opacity. When I try to draw a thin black line, I get a wide grey line. The settings look right in Pixelmator, so I don't know what the problem is. Anybody have a suggestion?

2022-06-28 13:35:58

Hey Lorene, sorry for the late reply! If you have a minute, you can try troubleshooting the issue following these steps:

1. First, check the layer opacity AND color opacity of your brush. You'll find the layer opacity slider at the top of the Layers sidebar and the color opacity in the Paint tool options.

2. Check if you're painting with a brush that comes with Pixelmator Pro by default. If it's a custom brush, it might just have this opacity setting or the brush may not be fully supported.

3. See if switching to a different brush helps.

4. Make sure you use adequate pressure when working with the stylus. You should be able to monitor the pressure levels in the tablet settings.

If none of the above work for you, it would be great if you could record the issue and send the screencast to us at support@pixelmator.com. We'd be happy to take a closer look at it!