AVIF image format support

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-07-08 13:42:40

by ResLes I will implement AVIF in a couple of years
I’m ready to use it now. As soon as Pixelmator Pro adds support, I plan to use it as the primary image type and WebP will be the fallback. That will only be for small sites and page templates that I hand-code though. I too will likely wait a year or more before I start using it in WordPress posts because it will probably take them that long to add native support.

2022-07-08 14:37:35

by henshaw
I’m ready to use it now. As soon as Pixelmator Pro adds support, I plan to use it as the primary image type and WebP will be the fallback. That will only be for small sites and page templates that I hand-code though. I too will likely wait a year or more before I start using it in WordPress posts because it will probably take them that long to add native support.
Sure if you hand-code the stuff anyway, makes sense. Even If WordPress supports it wide spread of AVIF I would say could take a couple of years. I recently use WEBp only but it is now 12 years old. I wish people would upgrade sooner that said I have a Macbook pro 2016 and I will wait a couple of years to switch to M series processors s my computer is still very good.

2022-10-24 21:07:08

by simonasd From what I've managed to glean from the devs, we're waiting to see how things develop with the file type for now as it seems there are still aspects relating to how AVIFs work and should be implemented that are not quite as set in stone as we'd like them to be. The plan is to add AVIF support eventually, though I'm afraid I can't give you a timeframe just yet.
Now that iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and macOS 13 support AVIF natively (and in Safari), can you provide an update on when AVIF support might come to Pixelmator Pro? Thanks :grinning:

2022-10-27 19:31:59

3.1 will have:

Pixelmator Pro 3.1 is now fully compatible with the powerful new macOS Ventura, brings an ultra-fast Pixelmator Pro document opening experience, adds initial support for AVIF images

Improvements
• Pixelmator Pro is now fully compatible with and works great on macOS 13 Ventura.
• Enjoy instant Pixelmator Pro document opening thanks to document loading performance improvements.
• With initial support for the AVIF file format, you can now open AVIF images in Pixelmator Pro.

2024-02-24 06:54:34

Please, please, please add Avif support for export for web!

Wordpress will support the upload soon

https://make.wordpress.org/core/2024/02 ... ent=social