Gradients and Gradient Outlines in Motion

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-07-19 07:38:52

Howdy, first post, quite new to Pixelmator :)

I did a bit of a research and playing in the trial and was quite taken by the workflow of Pixelmator, and the feature of exporting projects to Motion. I was getting pretty nice results in Pixelmator. I thought, great, this is what I want.

So I bought Pixelmator Pro and Motion, and exported my first test... and the Gradient Outlines from Pixelmator don't show up in Motion, which was quite a bummer.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get this to work? I'm Googling workarounds in Motion, but it seems like a tonne of extra work over the simplicity of the straight export as I thought it would work.

I've got a couple images below, the first showing a simple setup in Pixelmator, then the way it looks in Motion.

Any help appreciated. I think this is a great feature, so if this is currently unsupported stuff, I highly commend the Pixelmator team for the progress done thus far, and look forward to any future improvement that might make their way into this workflow.

For the record, the gradient Fills are all facing different directions to the original image, too.

I'm basically coming at this as an alternative to AI/AE.