Panasonic DC-S5 / RW2 Support finally?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-04-10 18:59:52

Any chance you can fix this RW2/ Lumix S5 bug that will not allow Pixelmator Pro to open RW2 RAW files from our Lumix S5's?

Since you list DC-S5 under your RAW support, one instead has to do a workaround with Hex Fiend with each individual file to see it.

Thoughts?

2022-04-12 13:52:50

Any chance you will finally(!) fix this RW2/ Lumix S5 bug that will not allow Pixelmator Pro to open RW2 RAW files from our Lumix S5's?
Hi Kal, as I mentioned to you over email, Pixelmator Pro uses Apple's native RAW engine. I'm afraid issues with said engine are up to Apple to fix. However, if you could send over some of the RAW files you're having issues with to support@pixelmator.com and we confirm the issue, we'll be able to report it to Apple on your behalf.
A few people requested this bug-fix over a year ago(!) yet nothing's been done. Thoughts?
The only instance of this I can find is this topic, which appears to have been written back when the Lumix DC-S5 wasn't supported by the RAW engine at all.

2022-07-22 20:09:57

I'm not sure if this would work for everybody. I own a GH5 II, MacBook Pro 14 (M1 Pro).

After renaming the first RW2 file to RAW, it opened without any issues. Since then I've not had to rename any of the RW2 files. Now they open without any issues.

2023-11-12 12:00:58

I have Panasonic GH5II and MacBook Pro 2019, take photos in RAW Format. This Format (RW2) i could open with preview and import for finish in Pixelmator pro with Mac OS Ventura without issue.
Now in have upgraded to Sonoma and the RW2 files cannot be opened ! This is very irritating.
Is the Problem due to Apple or Pixelmator Pro? Who can help?

2023-12-06 13:14:34

I tried opening my DC-S5M2X raw-files with both Ventura and Sonoma. No chance.
Apple's App "Photos" isn't able to open them as well. ;)
Sad thing. But your files should open... S5M2 are working just fine.