Brushes Import ISSUE

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-04-19 16:43:08

Hi Friends,

I am using the Pixelmator (Try Version) to evaluate if I can use it for digital painting.
I am using some particular brushes that I can use on Photoshop and Procreate app without any problems.

Problem:
When I import the brushes almost all don't do what is supposed to do.
Example, on the picture above you can see that the brush have blank lines... the result is completely differs to original (using Photoshop ou Procreate app).

All brushes was import BUT is "missing" some stuff... is not equal to the original... have lines... not the same.

This will be fixed ? Do you know what is the problem?

Thanks

2022-04-21 13:42:28

Hi rbfigueira, that doesn't sound like it should be happening. Could you send the affected brushes over to us at support@pixelmator.com so we can take a closer look?

2022-08-12 15:38:34

Can brushes (such as brushes purchased for Procreate) be imported into Pixelmator Pro? I would love to be able to use some of my glitter brushes in Pixelmator. I make T-shirt digital designs. I see new designers all the time asking what programs people use. So far, I've been the only one using Pixelmator! I do think it very well be the best kept secret!

2022-09-09 11:56:10

Hi Kathy, non-Pixelmator Pro brushes can be imported into Pixelmator Pro as long as they are in .ABR (Photoshop brush) format.

2023-02-12 22:33:45

I'm finding the same issue (and another) as the original post above.

Issue #1:

When importing an .abr brushset the pen pressure settings (including tilt, opacity settings) are not being imported (all the other settings are okay). I am able to adjust them manually by checking what they were in Photoshop - 'tis a laborious process, but one that is easy as Pixelmator has a brilliantly simple settings menu UI.

Issue #2

When importing an .abr some of the brushes are "banded" as pictured in the original post above. This seems to only affect brushes that were originally created as tool presets ( . tpl ) in Photoshop some years ago and which were later converted to .abr within Photoshop. Subsequently these brushes are unusable in Pixelmator. In fact, these brushes even sometimes behave weird in Photoshop with respect to pen pressure. When these brushes have tilt settings, the brush stroke moves away from the stylus tip the more the stylus is tilted (the stroke moves toward the wrist). This doesn't happen with brushes that were created as native .abr files.

Is there a workaround to have the .abr files import correctly?

I'm using Pixelmator Pro 3.2.3 on a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" running MacOS 12.6.3
I use an iPad Pro 12.9 1st Gen as a pen tablet connected via the EasyCanvas app.

2023-02-13 09:21:54

Hi Scott! As with the post above, could you share a sample brush you're experiencing these issues with over to us at support@pixelmator.com for investigation?

2023-02-13 22:34:23

Hi Simonas, Thanks for getting back to me. I've sent you an email.