Photos and thoughts.

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2022-09-27 05:54:41

Just sharing a few photos from the latest photoshoot and a few thoughts.

I’m using Pixelmator Photo more and more lately, and I enjoy it very much. I really appreciate the app interface and the app features. There are a few small issues, but not big enough to become a problem while developing a set of photos from a photoshoot. Pixelmator Photo works nicely for me. I wish I had at least a brush mask so I could make some local edits. That’s one of the bigger issues for me but I’m living with it so far, and I find myself still enjoying the app. There are other issues of course but I don’t want to make a list here, that’s not the point right now.

The point for this post is mainly to say I really like the app, and to show what I do with it.

Of course, Pixelamtor Photo is just part of the process, after developing the photos I still take them to Affinity Photo for skin retouching and other things, some are noticeable in these examples.
While working with these and other photos, I feel at home with Pixelmator Photo. Even without the tools I want the most like the one I just mentioned. Dedicating hours to working with my photos in this app, I could pick up a certain pace. Not as fast as Lightroom for the desktop for sure, but not bad. But the best part is that I enjoy the process.
My client loved the photos and at the end of the day that’s what matters to me the most.
So feeling this comfortable with the app, it is only natural for me to be concerned with the subscription news. Yes I know we’re grandfathered as existing users (that’s a new term for me as non native English speaker). My concern is to grow attached to this app as time passes and it keeps getting better and better.. only for a day to come when the company decides they will only support subscriptions from that moment, and “invite” existing users to join that model or go elsewhere.
I’ll keep using it while I can, but I’m also checking what’s new out there, just to be safe. And I’m still getting the Mac version paying for the “lifetime” license, and hope it will be kept that way.

Cheers.

Joel.

Two more.
ImageImage

2023-03-15 04:05:11

Thanks for your insights. I am fairly new to serious editing in my ipad and iPhone and just installed Pixelmator Photo. Excited about it being added to my iMac where I generally do most of my processing. And the photos of the young woman are lovely.

2023-04-16 08:45:47

by Swandy Thanks for your insights. I am fairly new to serious editing in my ipad and iPhone and just installed Pixelmator Photo. Excited about it being added to my iMac where I generally do most of my processing. And the photos of the young woman are lovely.
Thanks for the comment. Today I would add that I'm extremely happy with what's now called Photomator. The new masking capabilities are breathtaking, and to think it's their first version makes me hope that they will get much better in time. I already discovered a few areas where they can easily be improved, I left a thread about that, but even as they are right now I find them extremely useful.

I've been a harsh critic sometimes of Pixelmator Photo in the past, sometimes I believe the Pixelmator team might not like me very much lol.. but when I discovered the new masks I became a cheerleader. There are many areas where Photomator can be improved, but the current version is just fantastic. I already left Lightroom.

Today I had a photoshoot and came home straight to my iPad to process some of the photos and it was a joy to use the masks. I mean, normally I wouldn't use masks for the kind of photos I got today but I wanted to use them.

Anyone who buys or suscribes to Photomator will have the best photo developing app for the iPad, right up there with expensive Lr.

ImageImage