Pixelmator Pro 50% off sale and sneak peek at video editing support

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2022-11-21 14:31:48

Video editing support is coming to Pixelmator Pro and we’re incredibly excited to share a sneak peek with you. The next major update to Pixelmator Pro will let you edit videos using your favorite image editing tools and create stunning moving designs using video layers.

Learn more in our blog.

2022-11-21 14:41:21

Oh, my God! I’ve been waiting for this day for years

2022-11-21 14:49:09

by Artopolo Oh, my God! I’ve been waiting for this day for years
We're very excited about this update, too!

2022-11-21 14:56:21

Wow, am very excited for that! Any chance that this will be on the Pixelmator App Center Beta anytime soon?

2022-11-21 15:00:37

Wait, what? Can't wait to see how this will work... Cool!

2022-11-21 15:23:19

by Freder1k Wow, am very excited for that! Any chance that this will be on the Pixelmator App Center Beta anytime soon?
Public beta isn't in our plans at the moment but you can drop us a line at support@pixelmator.com and we'll let you know in case anything changes. :ok_hand:
by KION2 Wait, what? Can't wait to see how this will work... Cool!
YES! We can't wait for everyone to try everything out for themselves. :red_heart:

2022-11-21 16:01:29

I'm assuming all the great photo editing capabilities will be intact with the video editing additions?

2022-11-21 19:26:02

Brilliant. I recall thinking how useful this very feature would be only a few days ago. Thrilled that you guys were conjuring this up to delight your customers. You guys continue to impress. I am looking forward to trying this out!

2022-11-22 01:03:38

That sounds so cool! will there eventually be keyframes/behaviours? This would be a great motion design application.

2022-11-22 07:46:23

Using design software to mock up video compositions! Great innovation. I wonder if a keyframable timeline is next so we can start painting animations... I also wonder how video layers play into the export to Motion feature. Speaking of exports, I hope you support an export to iWork feature so I can turn my designs into layouts for Pages and Keynote (I'm getting carried away).

Also, I want to use the topic of pricing to continue the existential dread that other customers on this forum have expressed. We are concerned that the introduction of a subscription model means the lifetime license will too eventually disappear. Has the team considered the popular lifetime license model that some iOS music apps like Loopy Pro and Beatsurfing are offering? – one simple non-intrusive in-app purchase gives lifetime access to the software, bug fixes included. The initial purchase also includes feature updates for 12 months. After 12 months, if the user wants to continue receiving feature updates, they simply purchase a completely optional upgrade for another year (in Loopy Pro's case, at a reduced price).

2022-11-22 08:22:11

by Aurelija
We're very excited about this update, too!
Are you planning to release this update this or next year?

2022-11-22 10:23:11

by zamboknee I'm assuming all the great photo editing capabilities will be intact with the video editing additions?
Absolutely!
by NoobianGod Brilliant. I recall thinking how useful this very feature would be only a few days ago. Thrilled that you guys were conjuring this up to delight your customers. You guys continue to impress. I am looking forward to trying this out!
Aww, thanks! We got the timing right then. :sweat_smile: And we're really excited for you to try it out, too!
by Tali That sounds so cool! will there eventually be keyframes/behaviours? This would be a great motion design application.
We've got no plans for this at the moment.
by Mika Using design software to mock up video compositions! Great innovation.
Thanks! :party_face:
by Mika I also wonder how video layers play into the export to Motion feature.
We'll just have to wait for the update and see. :wink:
by Mika I hope you support an export to iWork feature so I can turn my designs into layouts for Pages and Keynote.
That's something we're considering but have no concrete plans for at the moment.
by Mika Has the team considered the popular lifetime license model
We have a lifetime license available for Pixelmator Photo on iPhone and iPad and with Pixelmator Pro, we're not switching to subscription, so it remains a one-time purchase app.
by ResLes
Are you planning to release this update this or next year?
The update is coming really soon. That's all I can say for now, sorry!

2022-11-22 12:15:57

This is a great news!
I wonder if you have any discount plan for Pixelmator photo as well..

2022-11-24 13:09:32

Wow! Very very cool, will I be able to edit videos I usually edit in Final Cut on Pixelmator pro? Will you guys add LUT support so I can use my existing LUTs?

2022-11-25 10:57:37

I have just bought Pixelmator pro, will I receive the major update?

2022-11-25 23:37:18

by paperboy I have just bought Pixelmator pro, will I receive the major update?
Yes