i want to find a paid tutor or teacher...need basic with basics...graphic design and pixelmator in general

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2019-02-11 01:28:12

i've posted such a request in the past and never really got any takers. people mostly just said check out the video tutorials. and i've gotten by. but i'm still at the pathetic very basic beginning stage and never get any more adept. i'm hoping to find someone who will charge an hourly rate and screen share with me, so i can figure some things out (or more accurately, be taught). problem is i can watch all the videos and they all make sense but when i try to work on specific problems i have in my projects, nothing seems to work. if you can help me find someone who will instruct me, for an hourly rate of course, i would appreciate it. if you don't want to do it perhaps you know someone who would. don't want to write out my specific questions now, but would for the person who will agree to do this (before our first, perhaps only, session). hope i'm making sense. just tired of dealing with same old frustrations all the time. thanks.

2019-02-11 08:29:06

Hey Stew, if you write out your questions, I promise I'll answer them to the best of my ability. And if you struggle with my instructions, I might be able to help out with a quick screen share session. :wink:

2019-02-17 20:14:56

androids. i haven't gotten any other responses. so i guess i can try writing out questions for you.

1. do you work for pixelmator?
2. one issue per email thread?
3. no way to attach a pixelmator file for you to look at? no way to attach a pdf for you to look at? (that would seem essential.)
4. i have two general problems that i can think of.
5. the first issue has to do with a text box. i can't seem to add anything else to it. even though there seems to be plenty of space left, no matter how small i make the font; no matter how much larger i re-shape the text box to.
6. the second issue has to do with what i call "transparent" images. i don't know the proper graphic design terminology. but i want to be able to place the image over other images and not have the square of the new file showing up. i want just the design inside "the square" to show up and be placed over the underlying images or text etc. i'm basically talking about my band's logo. i want to be able to take this logo and have just the design part of the style show up (not the whole square). the logo was created in photoshop. i've been able to open it up in pixelmator and managed to work with it to some extent. but i don't know what i'm doing and i have use trial and error every time i try doing something, relearning it all over again. do i have to use pixelmator to take just the drawing/design layer of the logo

2019-02-17 20:17:50

sorry. didn't mean to send.

but that's basically it. if i've been clear. i will try to link, image a few things so maybe you'll get some idea. but i can't believe there's no way to attach any pixelmator file, but i guess they're large? Image

2019-02-17 20:21:36

i guess that jpeg i just uploaded gives you some idea. that's our logo. i've put the logo into a poster i designed. so i want to be able to take that logo and place it over other designs/text/images...so the logo is not a square. just the design inside the square. and that is the text box above i was talking about. i could not get any other text in that box, no matter what i did. i would still like to find someone who could tutor me for me a hourly rate. there's nobody you know? nobody you could recommend? thanks, stew

2019-02-24 17:47:33

Hi stew.

I’ve got a bit of time on my hands at the moment and know my way pretty round Pixelmator and Pixelmator Pro pretty well. I’m not sure that I can commit to screencasts but, if you would like a bit of email support, I’m happy to help.

I’m not comfortable taking payment at the moment so, if I end up helping you and you want to do something, choose your favourite social or environmental charity and give them some money.

Drop me an email at st3f@yahoo.com if you’re interested. Make sure you put Pixelmator in the subject line. That email address attracts a lots of spam (because it’s the one that I’ll post in public forums where it gets harvested by the unscrupulous).

All the best.

- Stef.

2019-02-25 00:27:27

ok. thanks. i'm not going to be able to take you up on your offer tonight, and don't know when i can, but am keeping this so that when i can around to some pixelmator stuff and have problems i'll be sure to remember you. thanks.

2023-01-14 04:42:22

Learning graphic design by yourself can be very challenging, so finding a tutor is indispensable. Fortunately, you can find courses online at affordable prices. Many platforms offer information about their tutors, such as age, specialty, reviews, and other details you might be interested in. You can even find platforms that offer the first lesson for free or at a discount, to see whether you like the assigned tutor. A quick google search shows you the most reliable platforms where students can learn the basics of graphic design or how to improve their skills. My friend is a Primary Teacher but also teaches chess online. Most of her students are adults who don’t have time to go to a chess school but prefer online learning.

2023-01-17 18:44:37

Thank you.