Unable to view hidden photos

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-01-30 00:11:34

I'm in the process of transitioning my workflow into using Pixelmator Photo. I set my raw images as "hidden" in Apple Photos and after processing them, unhide them.

While browsing Pixelmator Photo, I can view a "Hidden" section under "Other Albums", but the contents within do not seem to resemble the contents from Apple Photos (in fact they contain no photos).

I wanted to check if this was just a bug or if the "Hidden" section in Pixelmator Photo actually represents something else?

Device- iPad Pro 11" 3rd generation running iPadOS 16.2
Pixelmator Photo v2.2.2

2023-01-30 07:41:41

Hi Ranveer! This is an iOS 16 limitation - non-system apps are unable to access the Hidden Album if Touch ID / Face ID protection is enabled. The only way to get around this would be to disable the "Use Touch ID / Face ID" setting in Settings > Photos.

2023-01-30 08:50:07

Ahh I see 👍🏾.

Perhaps a different prompt in the detail pane of "Hidden" section would be more appropriate then? The current prompt (see image below) can be interpreted as requesting user action at the application level (i.e. move Photos within Apple Photos) as opposed to system level (as you suggested).