Custom stretchable shapes

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2023-02-15 14:46:19

I'd like to have the ability to create my own stretchable shapes that work like the way the "Arrow" shape works. When you create an Arrow it has a little green dot on an edge which seems to be a control point of some kind that allows the arrow to get longer when stretched:

It also has neat behavior that allows the shape to distort in useful ways. See below when I move the green point.

Please expose creation of these green control points so we can make our own things like:
* stretchable flag (like the flag pole stretches, and not the flag itself)
* stretchable pencil (that only stretches the pencil body, not the eraser and head)
* stretchable frame (that maintains a fixed frame border width)
* stretchable alphabet (letters that stretch differently on green control points)
* stretchable sign (to widen just the area where text will go)
* etc you get the point.

2023-02-15 15:58:27

Most straight shapes are easily "stretchable" by double clicking the shape and selecting multiple anchor points (nodes) and moving them. Image
I find the green dots on most shapes are for more drastic things than stretching - like the star shape.

2023-02-16 13:01:00

That is a good point mccoytest, very easy to just move 2 control points. That covers most of what I need. I think what I'm looking for is the green dot's fancy connection of points together. Like converting that cross into the following with one simple drag: