Pixelmator Photo gets a major update – and goes on sale

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2022-12-15 15:20:07

Pixelmator Photo 2.2 has just been released, adding new, state-of-the-art color adjustment features that let you improve the sharpness and clarity of fine details in photos, recover incredible amounts of detail in highlights and shadows, and more.

Learn more on our blog.

2022-12-15 15:52:09

When will these new features be available in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-12-15 17:16:42

I second Andy Otto's question. Will these changes come to Pixelmator Pro? Or will they be exclusive to Pixelmator Photo when it comes out on the Mac?

I think that my entire workflow could move to Photo if Photo would implement masking (or maybe just applying separate adjustments to specific areas of the image). Is something like that coming for Photo?

These features are really exciting! I'm glad to see more photo-oriented features coming out!

2022-12-15 17:37:02

Please bring this to P-Pro as soon as possible. I hope you are not making that tool play second fiddle to iPads.

2022-12-15 17:54:55

These features are coming to Pixelmator Pro, for sure! But we won't be able to squeeze this update in this year. And, we'll have more news about selective editing in Pixelmator Photo soon-ish.

2022-12-16 10:19:04

我们想看到更多关于颜色的选择性编辑和人像修饰的信息

2022-12-16 15:39:24

by Aurelija These features are coming to Pixelmator Pro, for sure! But we won't be able to squeeze this update in this year. And, we'll have more news about selective editing in Pixelmator Photo soon-ish.
Thanks Aurelija for the update! That’s great to hear! No worries on the wait, glad to know it’s coming.

Also really exciting about the selective editing for Photo. That’s really exciting!

2022-12-18 19:31:00

Hello developer, glad to have these major updates. But I found that the EDR mode adjustments on the iPad Pro couldn't be applied to the final output photos.
As far as I know, HEIF can store additional information about EDR. (or exporting photos as a few seconds of DolbyVision HDR video clips is also a method)Does Pixelmator have any future EDR photo export updates?

2022-12-19 09:33:48

by Aurelija These features are coming to Pixelmator Pro, for sure! But we won't be able to squeeze this update in this year. And, we'll have more news about selective editing in Pixelmator Photo soon-ish.
Selective editing? Love it!

2022-12-19 20:40:04

Thanks for the update and the news about selective editing!! :fire:

2023-01-02 18:06:19

can lifetime buying option has discount?I really want to buy a lifetime licence

2023-01-16 11:16:55

by Jcliang Does Pixelmator have any future EDR photo export updates?
Currently, Apple doesn't provide an API for EDR export but we'd love to make it happen as soon as we have the right tools. :wink:
by Her can lifetime buying option has discount?I really want to buy a lifetime licence
I'm afraid we don't have discounts for a lifetime version of Pixelmator Photo. However, we occasionally have other great offers you can take advantage of, so you can subscribe to our newsletter to learn as soon as Pixelmator Photo goes on sale.

2023-01-27 08:45:54

Hello Aurelia,

I appreciate your response that these features will come to Pix Pro. Would you say they come soon? Just to have an idea. I know you are working on the Mac app for Photo so I reckon it will take maybe a bit but maybe it is something not too hard to push in an update? Thank you.

2023-01-27 09:18:39

by ResLes
Hello Aurelia,

I appreciate your response that these features will come to Pix Pro. Would you say they come soon? Just to have an idea. I know you are working on the Mac app for Photo so I reckon it will take maybe a bit but maybe it is something not too hard to push in an update? Thank you.
Hi! The beginning of the year is typically pretty slow in terms of updates, so we won't be having any big releases in the immediate future. That said, texture-aware adjustments is something we'd probably consider for the first half of this year if everything goes smoothly. :ok_hand:

2023-01-27 10:00:48

by Aurelija
Hi! The beginning of the year is typically pretty slow in terms of updates, so we won't be having any big releases in the immediate future. That said, texture-aware adjustments is something we'd probably consider for the first half of this year if everything goes smoothly. :ok_hand:
最近会有pixelmator photo的更新吗?特别是关于选择性编辑和人像方面的。

2023-01-27 23:55:10

by Aurelija
thank you for your answer

2023-02-22 18:46:32

by Aurelija
Great! The update is coming soon... Love the beta

2023-05-12 15:44:59

Are we getting Pixelmator Pro for the iPad?

2023-05-15 14:26:46

You guys know that an iPad version of Pixelmator Pro is the next level

2023-05-16 11:52:59

你们来自立陶宛,难道还要依据美国的时区标准去确定16日的时间吗?现在mac版的photomator还没有上架?用自己国家的时区标准不是应该的吗?