How to manage LUTs?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-01-03 23:12:54

I added some test LUTs from a folder to Pixelmator Photo but now I no longer need them. I don’t see any way to remove them from the LUT menu other than deleting the actual files in the Files app. Is there no way to manage/organize them in Pixelmator?

Also as a feature request, it’d be great to be able to view LUTs along the bottom as thumbnail previews instead of the Pixelmator presets.

2023-01-04 16:47:21

+1 for having the LUTs in the strip at the bottom! Would be so much more useful than having them hidden in a random adjustment dropdown.

2023-01-08 09:22:59

Figured it out. For anyone wondering, adding LUTs copies them to a Pixelmator folder located in the Files app under ‘On My iPad’ > ‘Photo’ > ‘Custom LUTs’. Any changes made there (adding/removing/renaming) will be reflected in the LUTs menu in the app.

For the dev team: it’d be great if these LUTs could be stored in iCloud so that they’re synced across all devices!

2023-02-13 05:51:36

by Bill Labus Figured it out. For anyone wondering, adding LUTs copies them to a Pixelmator folder located in the Files app under ‘On My iPad’ > ‘Photo’ > ‘Custom LUTs’. Any changes made there (adding/removing/renaming will be reflected in the LUTs menu in the app.

For the dev team: it’d be great if these LUTs could be stored in iCloud so that they’re synced across all devices!
I second that. Currently backing them up manually but seems it should be an easy fix to let us back them up via icloud.

2023-02-27 15:19:20

by Nadeem +1 for having the LUTs in the strip at the bottom! Would be so much more useful than having them hidden in a random adjustment dropdown.
I used a LUT and saved to the bottom strip as a favorite custom filter. When I tap on it, the LUT gets applied.