Blurry JPGs on Export

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-03-16 07:49:26

The Jpegs I'm exporting from Pixelmator Pro look very poor. I have Photoshop, Lightroom and Affinity Photo for comparison and the Pixelmator image looks blurry, lacks definition and honestly I don't think these jpegs are usable for any professional purposes.

I'm quite surprised as, I did a bit of research and I've seen this issue has been going on since at least 2015.

I love the app and the potential it's got, but this a deal breaker. I don't think I can rely on exporting JPEGS from Pixelmator.

Judge for yourselves:

1. Affinity photo export

2. Pixelmator

3. Photoshop

I really wish the developers do something about this because this defies the purpose of any photo editing app. I remember a similar issue with Affinity apps from a few years back, I also complained about it and their v2 apps seem to have resolved this issue.

2023-03-16 08:41:05

Hi there! Could you send the original photo over to us at support@pixelmator.com so we could get a better look at this? And please also let us know what export settings (Color Profile, Quality, Size) you're using.

2023-03-16 10:05:40

Absolutely! will do ASAP, thanks for your reply.

2023-03-16 13:43:55

by simonasd Hi there! Could you send the original photo over to us at support@pixelmator.com so we could get a better look at this? And please also let us know what export settings (Color Profile, Quality, Size) you're using.
Email sent, thanks!