Stroke Modification not working on Text Layers

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-03-23 03:44:33

Having a problem with text layers, and applying strokes through the Style section since the Stroke was updated a couple of versions ago (currently on 3.3.2 Mosaic).

If you create a text layer and enter text, then go into Styles and add a stroke, then the stroke modifier dropdown is not selectable.
Prior to this being changed so that it had more features, you could select "Inside, Center, Outside"; now that has been added as an option in a more complex dropdown, but the dropdown does not work in a text layer, so it's fixed to Center.

The only work around I have found to this is to make my text layer, duplicate it, convert the duplicate to pixels, and then apply the stroke options to that; and then if I want to adjust the text, repeat the whole process again. Needless to say, this is cumbersome.

Is it a bug that the stroke modification selection doesn't work on text layers?

2023-03-24 15:01:54

Hi there Richard. The Stroke style Align options have been temporarily disabled for use with text layers. The current implementation has been causing problems in other areas of the app and we've decided to take it out and rework it to prevent these issues (as well as expand its feature set). This is not an easy task and will take time, so please bear with us! I suggest converting your text layers to vector shapes as a workaround for the time being.