Color Adjustment names not appearing in Automator

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-02-26 13:30:35

I'm trying to create a Folder Action in Automator to batch process various attributes on my images (exposure, sharpness, levels etc). I created a custom Color Adjustment in Pixelmator with the changes I want. However, when I use Pixelmator's "Apply Color Adjustments to Images" action in Automator I don't see any names for the presets — just numbers which mean nothing to me. I'm not even sure if my preset is showing here! Can anyone help? (Automator reports that the Automator action is version 1.0 - is that the most up to date one?

2023-02-27 09:35:15

Hi there Graham! The default color adjustment presets in Pixelmator Pro are all numbered (while the collections they reside in are named). What you're seeing in Automator is a list of only the default adjustment presets. In order to be able to batch process images using your own custom color adjustment presets, you'd need to use Shortcuts - the equivalent Shortcuts action supports custom presets (and displays them by name).

2023-02-27 09:50:35

I looked at Shortcuts but it doesn’t seem to support folder actions which is annoying. I was hoping to be able to place images in a folder and have adjustments automatically made to them.

2023-03-25 21:29:52

by Graham Stewart I looked at Shortcuts but it doesn’t seem to support folder actions which is annoying. I was hoping to be able to place images in a folder and have adjustments automatically made to them.
What sort of folder actions are you after within Shortcuts? I am learning these and still discovering what I can and can't do.

2023-03-27 16:25:07

by DragonsDream
What sort of folder actions are you after within Shortcuts? I am learning these and still discovering what I can and can't do.
Just as outlined above really. A folder which when images are placed into it carries out color adjustments on those images.

2024-03-21 10:56:31

I have the same problem. Did anyone ever solve it? Or do you need to rename the numbers or learn them by heart?

Also I managed to get two of my own saved Color Adjustment into Automator but when I added a third one I can not find it. Do I need ot reload the PixelMator settings somewhere in Automator for the new settings to be found? Just quitting and restarting Automator was not enough :-(