Is it not possible to resize multiple objects at once with the Arrange tool in Pixelmator Pro??

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-03-26 07:04:14

If I add an ellipse shape, then duplicate it and resize the copy... I will have two ellipse on top of each other. I'd like to be able to grab the arrange tool (V), highlight both objects (*or select them both in the layers sidebar), and resize both of them at the same time. This way I can be sure I am resizing both of them the same "amount". Typically, one can do this by holding down Shift or Shift + option... but I cannot seem to do this in Pixelmator Pro in any way.

2023-03-27 09:41:23

You can group them, go Format->Shape->Unite Shapes or go Transform for that purpose.

2023-03-27 15:16:49

Why, if you duplicate an ellipse, would you have to resize it - unless you needed the second ellipse a different size?

If all you want to do is resize, It is easy to select the two ellipses and group them - then simply resize the new selected group; no need to Format->Shape->Unite Shapes them or Edit->Transform them unless you want to, (but there is a lot more you can do with Transform)

Then you can ungroup them to move where desired. If you do use Transform make sure you check "constrain proportions" and "apply" the changes.

2023-03-27 18:30:19

Imagine you want to create a basic emoji. To create it's eyeball, you might create an ellipse for the eyeball. Then duplicate that ellipse and resize it to be smaller, change it's full color to blue to form the iris. Then duplicate this ellipse, shrink it, and turn it black to create the pupil. Now you have a basic cartoon eyeball. But you need the whole eyeball to be a little smaller. I'd like to simply highlight all three ellipse, and hold down shift + option to resize them all the same.

But it doesn't work. I guess, I'd have to "group" them all and then resize the group. This is fine, but it would be cool to jot gave to go through the grouping part. Because I will most likely need to ungroup them to change something.

Am I wrong?