Making selections in Photomator

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-04-13 15:39:49

It is not obvious how to make a selection in Photomator for iOS. I opened a photo and then tapped the subject. Nothing happened. I tapped the background. Again, nothing happened. Exactly what do I need to do to make a selection?

2023-04-13 17:58:54

Go to the adjustments tab. Up top where the histogram used to be is the Layers panel. Tap the + sign and choose how you want to select. I prefer the brush. Brush the area you want for a local adjustment and the start adjusting the sliders you want and you will see in real time. You can also copy the layer and invert it, adjusting the background differently. Tap the layers panel to see all your layers. This is just a start. Play with it and learn as you go.

2023-04-13 18:31:29

How can I copy a layer? I did not see that option when I chose the layer in which the subject was selected.

2023-04-13 19:04:29

Go to the layers panel and tap on it. You will see the layers. Tap the three dots and select duplicate. You will see your masks at left for each layer. You can invert those in the same drop down menu after tapping the three dots.

2023-04-14 06:27:26

by Ryder Go to the adjustments tab. Up top where the histogram used to be...
used to be? so it is not there anymore? where did it move to? If I turn it on it still shows there for me but it appears on top of the layers, I guess it's a bug, but where is it supposed to be now?

2023-04-14 13:52:01

On my iPad Air 4 the histogram is now floating off to the left of the stack of adjustments and is no longer attached to the stack like before. I can move it right or left and top of the screen or to the bottom but it will stay in one of those four corners. The new Layers feature is where my histogram used to be.

I also like the prominent brush controls, size of brush, hardness/softness and opacity.

2023-04-14 18:54:16

Yep, I realized it was a floating window now. My problem was, since I'm left handed I was using the adjustments panel on the left and the histogram appeared also on the left, on top of the adjustments. Once I realized this I moved it to the bottom right.