Please add batch layer export function. (same canvas size)

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2023-05-03 09:11:53

I need to export hundreds of layers. All saved images must be the same size.

As you can see from the attached screenshot, the "full size" checkbox is mandatory.
I'm dragging every frame individually with the mouse to fit the image to full size.

If I had a "full size" checkbox I could get it all done in under a minute, but I've been doing pointless work for hours. I am so angry.

This is an essential feature for game developers. I've requested to add a feature for a long time, but still no response. Is this such a difficult task?

Please let me know if there is a simple way I am not aware of. If there is no way, please make sure to add this feature in the next version. please please please...

2023-05-03 09:41:13

Hi there! There is indeed a simple way, especially if you need the frames exported in PNG format - you can quickly export a layer or layer group as a PNG file by dragging it from the Layers sidebar to Finder. The resulting PNG is also always the exact size of your layer, so this is likely the best method for your workflow.

As for a dedicated batch export feature, I'm afraid there are no plans to add one in the immediate future but we'll be looking into it at some point down the line. For now, you can try setting up a batch exporting workflow using AppleScript.

2023-05-03 09:49:40

If you drag and save, it will be saved in a minimized size. The white space in the background disappears. Because the frame size is all different, it cannot be used for game development.

What I want is to save as canvas size when done with CMD+Drag combination.

For batch export, just add the "full size" checkbox to the right of the screenshot above. Then everything will work out.

Pixelmator is not only used by designers, it is also used by programmers. Please add programmer-friendly features.