Pixelmator layer and palette issue.

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2023-05-19 04:35:37

I have been experimenting with the Pixelmator trail application, and I have every intention of eventually upgrading to the PRO version. This application presented some difficulties for me. Would you kindly make a suggestion?

I used the clone and path tools to make some changes to an image that belonged to one of my clients. I saved both the path and the clone edit that I did on a separate layer for your convenience. The layer and path palettes did not appear in Adobe Photoshop when I opened that particular file in the program. I have attached screen grabs of each of them for your convenience. Could you please assist? Image Image

2023-05-19 07:50:18

I got the solution for this: we need to export the file instead of saving it. One more question: how to continue the broken path?

2023-08-08 10:03:48

issue when opening a Pixelmator file that contains path and clone edits in Adobe Photoshop. The Layer and Path palettes are not appearing as expected. Follow this step
Export as PSD
Flatten Layers
Simplify Paths
update Adobe Photoshop
Import Options
Rasterize Paths
Remember to always keep backups of your original files before making any changes, as troubleshooting steps can sometimes result in unexpected outcomes.