Why can't I discreetly erase one pixel? (SOLVED)

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-05-28 16:00:46

I'm getting a bit exasperated - I searched through every preset in the Erase tool and there doesn't seem to be one for click once, 100% erase the pixel in that location.

The best that I could was create a new preset called "Pixel" and change all the settings, but guess what?? If smoothing is on (even at 10%) it still leaves part of the pixel behind and slightly transparent.

Even worse, smoothing is *NOT* saved as part of the preset, instead it applies to every Erase preset, meaning that I constantly have to turn it on/off again depending on what Erase preset I'm using.

Additionally, even without Smoothing if I drag around, it still leaves part of the pixels behind. The shape of the pixel tool is also "circular" which doesn't seem correct either.

EDIT: MEIN GOD, I just realized its in the Pixel Paint Brush option under "Eraser Mode".

2023-06-01 10:17:12

Great job, it's usually the simple things! And, thanks for marking that it's already solved. ❤️

2023-09-19 13:39:30

Thanks for posting this and the solution. It seems counter intuitive that the eraser is the wrong tool for erasing.