Can you edit text (whether in a layer or not) in Photomator?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-06-01 17:30:30

Starting to work with Photomator on my Mac (and playing with it on my iPad a bit) but I notice that when I open a document (it is the masthead for a bulletin) from Pixelmator Pro in Photomator it instructs me to flatten the document as it has a text layer.
Any plans on adding the ability to edit text (whether in a layer or added to an image file) to Photomator as currently that is the only thing I would use Pixelmator Pro for (once I learn the ins and outs of Photomator).

2023-06-02 11:30:59

We're currently working on improving the process of importing designs from Pixelmator Pro to Photomator, so you won't need to flatten your design to edit it in Photomator soon. However, incorporating text as a standalone feature into Photomator isn't part of our immediate development plans.

2023-06-02 12:22:06

So I wouldn’t be able to edit the text in the text layer in Photomator - at least not something that is planned for the app. Shame because that is all that I would really still need in Pixelmator Pro if I switch to Photomator for my usage.

2023-06-05 10:23:29

Not in the near future, at least. Sorry about that!