Fill Transparent Background / Batch Process via Shortcuts

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-06-04 03:00:48

We have a standard workflow for our product images, where we remove the background; trim the transparent pixels; fill the remaining transparent pixels with black; optimize the image for web and save it.

We can do the above reasonably quickly via Pixelmator Pro manually, it'd be even better to use Shortcuts (or another app) to batch-process the images.

When using Shortcuts, the optimized images finish with a white background, is there any way we could add a black background instead? I can't yet see how to do so!

2023-06-05 12:15:47

I walked through your workflow and there doesn't seem to be a way to add a black background through the Shortcuts app at the moment. Sorry about that as it's the only part missing in your workflow. The fastest workflow seems to be removing the background and trimming the transparent pixels in Shortcuts, then opening the image and adding a new black layer to the bottom of the Layers sidebar or dragging and dropping a black image, and exporting for the web with an export preset.

2023-06-06 05:00:07

by Samanta I walked through your workflow and there doesn't seem to be a way to add a black background through the Shortcuts app at the moment. Sorry about that as it's the only part missing in your workflow. The fastest workflow seems to be removing the background and trimming the transparent pixels in Shortcuts, then opening the image and adding a new black layer to the bottom of the Layers sidebar or dragging and dropping a black image, and exporting for the web with an export preset.
Thanks for replying Samanta, I've reviewed the export presets and it doesn't look like there's an option there that will suit. I can manually merge the primary image with the transparent background onto a black background, I'll now see if there's a way of batching that action. Thanks again,