AI/ML Portrait retouching tools

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Photo?

2023-02-07 23:38:07

Much like can be found in some other software, rapid retouching for quick portait photography would be a great plus: eye whitening, face lighting, dark under-eyes, lips saturation, eye enhancing... I could see Pixelmator Photo as a great "on location" rapid fire proofing (or even finalising, why not) of portraits. The healing tool can take care of blemishes, and the new selective clarity can smoothen highlights. But I don't see an easy/quick ML way of working around a human face with the push of a slider.

Thanks for considering!

2023-02-27 15:20:05

Agreed. I love so much about this app, but I have to used Darkroom for AI masks (the next best thing to selective editing). I’ve been told by Pixelmator that they’re working on selective editing, but it’s been years. I use Skyleap for sky replacement and some portrait AI editing. I’d think adding some eye and teeth whitening would be doable feature in Pixelmator. I’d also love to see the JPEG and RAW side by side for reference.

2023-02-28 22:08:23

Yes, thanks for clarifying. Concretely by AI for portraits, that would mean: eye and teeth whitening, dark circle removal under eye, face light enhancement. Already the eye and teeth whitening would avoid having to go to another app, which is the issue we're sharing.

2023-06-09 13:22:35

There are some AI portrait retouch apps out there these days that are quite impressive.
So this kind of thing in Photomator would be great.

From what I can see on the Photomator roadmap, they mention "Selective Face Editing" as a feature to come. It is unclear what that exactly will include, but I would assume that we are getting some tools for portraits especially....and looking at all other Photomator tools, there will very likely be ML/AI involved also.

2023-06-10 15:00:15

Anyone know what happened to the Photomator GUIDE that I believe used to be online? Safari keeps coming up with an error message when trying to load the original page location for it. Thanks.

2023-11-25 07:15:44

by denisbkk From what I can see on the Photomator roadmap, they mention "Selective Face Editing" as a feature to come...
I hope it's similar or better than Luminar's Skin AI for portrait retouching

2023-12-06 06:48:10

Also, it would be very powerful if the AI masks can be saved as adaptive preset.