Can Pixelmator Pro have several "versions" of images in one project/ workspace? (canva alike)

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-06-13 14:15:25

Hi,

using Canva for years I'd like to have
- 1 pixelmator pro file on my Mac
- inside many versions with different styles and images I can easily copy and paste in between

Is that possible?

2023-06-22 11:32:18

Anyone who might help me with this?

2023-06-22 22:25:55

It may be as simple as creating multiple groups of layers for each design and turning off visibility of groups as you desire for exporting. rather rudimentary...
Design1 group [i]<[b]visible[/b]>[/i]
        design1 group content layers
Design2 group  <invisible>
        design2 group content layers
Design3 group  <invisible>
        design3 group content layers

2023-06-23 09:10:23

Hi mccoytest, will try that, thank you for your answer.
These process only works kind of "toggle" mode, right? So no chance to see my "versions" next to each other.

2023-06-23 14:18:50

Yes. Unfortunately they cannot be seen next to each other. If design1 has something you need for design2 - it is simple to duplicate the item and move it to design2. It is tedious with multiple designs, in my opinion.

I wish I thought of this earlier. You might prefer to have multiple .pxd's open in Tabs at the the top. This allows for easy duplications of items in one to be dragged to another tab (design) as needed.

I just thought of this... You could have separate versions of Pixelmator Pro open to two (or more) designs to see them side by side. Probably not as useful, but possible.

2023-06-27 01:26:04

Let's say you want 5 versions of a 1000 x 1000 px image:

Change canvas size to 1000 x 5000 (now there's space for 5 images next to each other)

File -> Export for Web... crop to the 'slice' i.e. version you want.

This way you don't need to keep cropping and uncropping your image or save multiple files.

2023-07-10 10:30:24

Thank you both for your interesting and useful answers! :-)