Suppress folder icon for grouped vector shapes

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2023-07-12 02:41:39

I just upgraded to the latest version of Pixelmator Pro (Mosaic) and found that grouped vector shapes are now displayed in the layers palette within a folder icon. I have used that layer palette thumbnail (without a folder icon) in the past to get a preview of what a group of combined vector shapes would look like. With the folder icons, I can't do this. The grouped vector shapes are cropped to fit within the folder icons. The old way was much more elegant. Is there a way to suppress the folder icon for groups (or to add a feature to make it optional)?

2023-08-15 14:18:26

Any thoughts from the Pixelmator team on this? The folder icons make grouped vector shapes in the sidebar so much less useful and force me to rely more on group names, which is very inefficient when working with large numbers of vector shapes as I often do.

Don't get me wrong; I love Pixelmator overall. The vector tools in particular are top notch; it's just that the previous way of providing vector thumbnails was so elegant I don't understand why it was changed. It may seem like a small thing, but it has thrown off my vector workflow a bit. Please consider adding a preference in the next version that allows users to turn this feature off, or (better still) just return to the previous approach. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.