Pixelmator Pro Version 3.3.12 (Mosaic) very slow starting, to open the first window only.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-08-27 13:26:51

I have noticed the slowness to initially open the first window of even the smallest image takes at least 20 seconds even on my very fast

Mac Studio 2022
Chip Apple M1 Max
Memory 32 GB
macOS Ventura 13.4.1 ©

Once the very first window is open it is again very quick, popping new windows and tabs of images lightning fast.
[EDIT]
That time estimate was wrong [simple counting] For this time pxd file - double click in finder it took 1:07.45 [ 1 minute 7 seconds ] to open this window: Image
That's a 285 KB pxd file - it took 1 minute and 11 seconds to open a 3.69 GB pxd file.

2023-08-31 03:11:53

Well, the latest version [Version: 3.3.13] I installed today, seems to have resolved the problem; the above image now opens in less than five seconds. and the almost 4GB image opens in less than 15 seconds [with an open process window] - a marked and welcome improvement!

[EDIT] This was the case initially - but again that first window opening has slowed to a crawl with same items open times > 1 minute.

[EDIT] Well, it now appears that version 3.4 has resolved the opening slowness of former versions.

[EDIT] Wrong again. as with 3.13 and 3.4 initial installations Pixelmator Pro was very quick to open windows and tabs - instantaneous.
But after brief uses and various and sundry Mac activities Pixelmator Pro is again very slow opening the first window. The below image [ 463 KB ] took more that 30 seconds (image taken from another PixPro forum topic) Any ideas? Apple M1 Max 32 GB