Simply add a watermark?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2024-01-08 18:22:51

I would like to "burn in" a watermark on a few of my pictures/photos. This also works with Pixelmator Pro, but it is a bit " complicated" and involves some work. I am working on macOS 14.2.1 and the version of Pixelmator Pro is the current 3.5.3.

My workflow:
I create a new layer and select the text tool with the color "white" and reduced opacity. Now I copy the text field and paste it into the image. I move the new text fields so that it looks like a typical watermark.

But I don't find the solution optimal and haven't found a direct tool to create watermarks. Because these self-adjusting watermarks don't look so professional if you don't invest time in them. So equal spacing etc.

Is there a tool for this in the app that I have overlooked or is there a better and simpler solution for creating watermarks with it?

2024-01-11 23:30:16

May I suggest you make and save a shape of your watermark the way you want it. Then, on any photo ( or in a shortcut ) you can simply paste the watermark. For an example I have a shape of my signature when needed and others as I like.
Image Image
And of course the new watermarking feature in photomator would be a welcome addition to PixPro.