Rotational symmetry 🔄

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2024-01-18 19:01:57

Hi there 👋

I'm looking for an effect similar to a mirror, except instead of line symmetry I'd like it to produce rotational symmetry.

As an example, if the letter "T" has line symmetry (It's horizontally mirrored), then the letter "S" has point symmetry. The letter "H" is an example that has both line and point symmetry.

I'm aware that it's possible to copy the image and rotate it which would achieve the same result, but I'm looking for a solution that would allow me to draw or use any other tools and see the "reflection" being updated in real-time, which makes me think that "effects" need to be used.

I've already found this thread on how to create line symmetry (mirror) using the "Kaleidoscope" effect. I couldn't find a way to produce rotational symmetry using any of the existing effects.

Seems like a pretty basic feature, compared to some of the other much more advanced stuff that's already implemented in Pixelmator, so I assume that I'm just looking in the wrong places. I'd appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction. Cheers.